Chapter Two: Genii

Izuku finished his email to his pen pal. He assumed his friend had an intelligence quirk of some kind, because he was able to keep up with Izuku's intellectual conversation.

  I don't mean to doubt you, but do you really think that All Might can continue for much longer? Ever since his short disappearance 4 years ago his public appearances have been getting shorter and shorter. Let's say he had a big, undisclosed fight that caused the great America Quake. The timelines do match up after all, and All Might was in America at the time. He fought a villain and won, but received a life- altering injury. He disappeared for a month for surgery, then returned to do hero work. Adding onto my previous transformation type theory, All Might cannot stay transformed for more than 6 hours a day. Over the last 4 and a half years, All Might's time doing hero work has steadily decreased. He is currently at 3 and a half hours at most. The era of All Might is over, and Endeavour won't be happy when he gets number 1 by default.

-Deku.

  It took 'Rat' five minutes to reply.

  An interesting theory. I suppose we shall not know until the hero does indeed retire. I grant you, his time does seem to be growing short, however it may be because of old age. He has been a hero for many years after all. In any case, I have enjoyed this evening's debate Deku. Onto another matter, the UA entrance exams will be beginning soon. Are you going to apply? It is the best highschool in the country, perhaps they will be able to sate your hunger for knowledge.

-Rat.

  Izuku gave a huff in surprise. Of course his friend was Nezu, the smartest being in the world. Well, second smartest.

  I don't know how I never figured it out sooner. You slippery rat. Anyway, I've already finished my online school courses. I've been considering doing the college courses too but.. there isn't really a point is there. If I come to your school, which course would you recommend? I don't think any of them suit my specific talents. Gen ed is probably the closest fit, or perhaps business.

-Deku.

  Izuku glanced at UA's welcome page as he waited for Nezu's reply. Heroics was out. He wasn't particularly strong, although he did keep himself fit. Support was also out. He wasn't interested in robotics or design. Business sounded okay, but it was a very narrow subject. General Education was more of an all rounder, but Izuku had already done his highschool course.

  I see someone is on the welcome page. Go into support, and scroll to the very bottom. I think you'll like what you see. Most people think of robotics and design, which are the two big ones. However, there is one sub category most people overlook. We haven't had a student apply for that course since.. Sir Nighteye I believe.

-Rat.

  Izuku scrolled to the bottom of the support page, past robotics and design, then all of the safety lists nobody reads, facilities..

  Tucked away at the bottom, was a single link.

  Analysis and Strategy.

  Izuku smiled, clicking the link, which brought him to a single screen webpage.

  Greetings analyst! Welcome to the Analysis and Strategy section of the support course!

  The course was taught by Nezu himself, and had only ever been applied to and passed by notable strategic heroes and sidekicks, like Sir Nighteye and even the number 4 hero Edgeshot.

  Izuku applied to the Analysis course.

  If it's a course taught by the second most intelligent being on the planet then I'm all ears. If you don't mind, make my test harder if you would. I'd like at least a challenge my friend. I look forward to working with you.

-Deku.

  Izuku got up from his desk and stretched, grunting as his vertibrae popped and clicked.

  Izuku wandered from his room and headed downstairs, greeting his mother.

  "Evening mum. What's for dinner?" He asked.

  Inko smiled, placing the cutlery on the table.

  "Katsudon! I wanted to discuss your school choices."

  Izukus eyebrows rose.

  "Oh, right, I just applied to take UA's analysis exam in 10 months."

  Inko's expression lit up.

  "Really? That's wonderful Izuku! I'm sure you'll pass just fine. I didn't know there was an analysis course at UA though." The last part was mumbled to herself.

  "It's a sub-category of the support course. Analysis and Strategy. Nezu himself teaches the course, and the last person to apply was Sir Nighteye when he was at UA."

  Inko chuckled, setting the bowls on the table.

  "You'll finally have some intellectual conversation then Izuku?" She teased.

  Izuku nodded, a smile ghosting his lips.

  Nezu closed his emails, clicking the applicants tab.

  He opened up the unused Analysis tab, and was greeted by a single name.

  Izuku Midoriya.

  "Oh of course, Izuku can be read as Deku.. clever." He muttered.

  Nezu opened up the analytics exam paper and tutted.

  "This won't do at all.. these questions are abysmal compared to the conversations we've had. I'll just spice things up a little.." he chuckled.

  Present Mic and Snipe slowly edged away from the head of the table.

  "What's gott'n him so excited?" Snipe asked.

  Aizawa peeked out from his sleeping bag in the corner.

  "A problem child I'll bet." He said.

  Nezu laughed, looking over his laptop's screen.

  "A problem child? Nonsense. He will be most helpful in wreaking havoc on next year's hero course.." he laughed darkly.

  Vlad King shuddered, moving a few seats away.

  "A friend of mine will be joining the school next semester. He will be taking the analytics exam, and I'm just.. spicing it up a little, at his request."

  Aizawa paled.

  "Someone's taking that exam? And you're making that nightmare harder?" He asked.

  "I'm not making it harder. Not for him anyway. I'm making it 'not easy'. Unfortunately that's probably the best I can do, the board won't allow me to make it even enjoyable." Nezu sighed.

  Nezu got back to typing. He was going to make the already horrific entrance exam a nightmare for anyone other than both himself and Deku.