Chapter Fifteen: Ingenium

Izuku opened the door of the Iidaten agency with a smile on his face.

  "Ah, Midoriya, right?" An armoured hero asked.

  "You must be Ingenium!" Izuku said gleefully.

  The man popped his helmet off, chuckling to himself. He looked just like his younger brother.

  "Yep! Welcome to the Iidaten agency! Follow me, I'll take you to your workspace!"

  Izuku followed the energetic, completely opposite to his brother, hero through a few hallways and up a flight of stairs, until they reached a door with 'Intern' on it.

  "This is where you'll be working! There's a computer with access to the hero network, and a few other bits and pieces. You've got a laptop on you though, so I don't think you'll be needing them. Now, next door is Natsuki Tsukasa. He's working on a few other cases, but he's got the Stain files for you if you need them. He's been on the case since the start, but there's been so little information he's started other cases in the meantime. The cafeteria is downstairs, and the fourth floor is the living quarters for any employees, interns or heroes wanting to stay the night. If you get lost, or don't know where something is, feel free to ask anyone!" Ingenium said.

  Izuku thanked the hero, watching as he speed walked back down the hallway. The greenette opened the door, stepping into his office.

  ______________

  "So in conclusion, I think Stain will attack sometime in the next week, in this side of Hosu. He's attacked in the south and the west already, so either Ingenium, Native or Manual are his next targets, in the North and eastern regions respectively." Izuku said.

  "Any ideas on his quirk?" Ingenium asked.

  Izuku nodded, pressing a button to advance his presentation.

  "All of Stain's victims have the same injuries. A single slice or shallow stab, just enough to draw blood, then the killing blow. There are never more than two injuries. Stain is efficient and clever, so there must be a reason for it. I believe Stain's quirk paralyses his victims. It could be activated any number of ways, but I believe blood ingestion is the most likely." Izuku continued.

  One of the sidekicks spoke up.

  "Then.. how do we beat it? What's his weakness?"

  Izuku shrugged.

  "I don't know. It could have an indefinite time limit or only a few seconds, just enough for him to deal the final blow, there's no way to know for certain."

  Ingenium stood up, smiling at Izuku.

  "Well, thank you Midoriya, it's only been a day and yet you've given us some good leads already. Now, I understand that you wanted to go on patrol?"

  Izuku nodded, watching the sidekicks and visiting heroes leave the conference room.

  "I did. It's getting quite late already though, so I'll join you on Friday's patrol. You should take a sidekick with you, just in case." Izuku said.

  Ingenium nodded.

  "Alright. Thanks again Midoriya! I'll see you in the morning!"

  Izuku followed the Turbo hero into the corridor, where they parted ways.

  *The sports festival is on Friday.. I wonder how 1A will do? I'll need to analyse how they've progressed, and adjust their training regimes...* Izuku thought to himself, entering the room provided to him.

  _________

  Izuku woke up without the usual comfortable weight on his chest.

  He got ready groggily, with no excitable six year old running around him, shouting about how much more amazing today would be than the day before, when she'd said the same thing then.

  "One day Izuku. You couldn't go one day." He muttered.

  Izuku entered his office and typed the password into his laptop.

  How was the first day at Ingenium's agency daddy? Are you having fun? Is he as cool as you thought he would be? What are you doing over there? Recovery Girl has been teaching me more stuff! Sometimes it sounds gross and icky, but she says it's important to know, so I'm doing my best! I can't wait until you come back!

  -Eri.

  Izuku's smile widened as he read through the email. He quickly typed out a reply.

  Yesterday was amazing! Ingenium is so cool, and it's a lot of fun working with him! I can't tell you what we're doing, it's a really big secret. But, we are doing our best to catch the bad guy!

  Well done with your hero training with Recovery Girl! You'll have to show me when I get home. I can't wait until I get back either!

  -Izuku.

  ________________

  Friday arrived, and Izuku woke up earlier so that he could catch the Sports Festival's first event at 10:00, once he'd finished his current line of investigation.

  Izuku sat down infront of the television with his notebooks open on the low table infront of him.

  The first event, an obstacle course, passed quickly. Todoroki had come in first, and Bakugo in second. The blonde didn't seem happy until the second event was announced, and Todoroki was given a massive target on his back.

  Ingenium knocked on Izuku's door when the cavalry battle was reaching it's conclusion.

  "Midoriya? It's time for patrol!" He called.

  Izuku glanced at the clock, turning his laptop off.

  "Thanks! I'll be right out!" Izuku replied.

  The greenette grabbed a few empty notebooks and a handful of pens, putting them in his backpack. He also grabbed a pair of knives Nezu had given him. He wasn't good with knives, but they were better than nothing.

  Izuku opened the door and followed the hero down to the lobby.

  "We're going around the first three blocks, then through the quieter part of town. If anything happens, stay back. We don't need our top analyst out of commission!" The hero said lightly.

  Izuku nodded.

  "I'm just planning on keeping an eye out for potential Stain attack alleyways, or maybe even his hideout." Izuku said.

  Ingenium glanced momentarily at his phone.

  "Looks like Tenya made it to the tournament!" He said cheerfully.

  The hero put his helmet on and stepped outside, walking down the pavement. Izuku followed close behind keeping pace with the long legged man.

  About half an hour in something seemed to catch Ingenium's eye, sending him sprinting into an alleyway.

  "Hero killer Stain!"