Chapter Five: Hell

Izuku waved goodbye to a tear eyed Eri as he walked out of the door, his schoolbag over his shoulder.

  "I'll be back before dinner! Don't worry, we can look for more healing heroes on the laptop later!" He said.

  Eri just nodded, standing in the Midoriya household's doorway.

  Izuku waved, walking backwards all the way to the end of the street until he could no longer see the little girl.

  Izuku sighed, turning around and trudging to Aldera.

  Izuku hated school. He already knew the subject matter, and he'd already passed the exams online. He knew he was going to get graded down, so why bother?

  Izuku managed to get to his classroom without issue, possibly because he was slightly later than normal, and his bullies got tired of waiting.

  He was later than usual of course, because of Eri. He didn't really want to leave her at home, but she couldn't come to school with him, so there hadn't been a choice. So he'd stayed with her as long as physically possible.

  Izuku opened the classroom door and quietly walked to his seat. Everyone else seemed to be absorbed in their own conversations, so he sat down without issue.

  Unless you count brushing thumb tacks away an issue.

  Izuku put his pencil case and a notebook on his desk. The notebook was the one with Eri's quirk notes inside, and Izuku wanted to do some theorising on how it worked, and possible applications.

  The teacher entered the room, and class started.

  "Alright everybody, I've marked your homework, you all did well with the task at hand. Midoriya, I don't have yours, so I'll mark it as zero. Bakugo, top of the class, as usual, well done."

  Izuku didn't even sigh. He knew this was going to happen, it was an essay on analyzing a hero's quirk. There were three to choose from, Endeavour, Edgeshot and Miruko. The rest of the class probably googled their chosen hero's quirk. That was why Bakugo scored so high.

  Izuku had already analyzed the top 20 hero's quirks in depth, it was just a matter of copying his notes onto the homework sheet.

  His marks had outshone the star pupil's, so his homework had been 'lost' by the quirkist staff. Bakugo had probably been marked up, and anyone else that did too well got marked down.

  Izuku just kept writing in his notebook.

  Could Eri reverse just a part of a person? Could she target only the damaged cells of a wound and just reverse that part of their body? Could she reverse people in different ways? Like turn a human into a monkey? Did it work on other living things like trees? If she could turn a human into a monkey, could she turn a person quirkless?

  Izuku froze.

  Turn a person quirkless. Surgical scars. Drawing blood. DNA.

  Chisaki was trying to create a Trigger antithesis.

  Trigger was a drug that enhanced a person's quirk to potentially godly levels.

  Chisaki was creating a drug that permanently erased a person's quirk.

  "Midoriya?" The teacher asked.

  Izuku looked up from his notebook.

  "5.6×10 to the power of 15." He said, barely even glancing at the equation on the board.

  Izuku returned to his thoughts.

  It's possible he just wants a drug that could turn people into a monkey, or into children.. but he's the leader of one of the eight precepts of death. Their whole thing is drug dealing. More specifically, quirk drug dealing.

  If Eri could reverse things she's reversed to before she reversed them.. then the quirk erasing and giving back drug war would go on forever. Chisaki would make millions, even billions!

  School seemed to drag on for far longer than usual. Izuku was nervously tapping his feet, watching the clock slooowly tick to 3 o'clock.

  The bell rang, and the teacher dismissed them.

  Izuku stuffed his things into his bag and raced for the door, dodging Bakugo's attempts to trip him.

  "Get back here Deku you worthless bastard!" He yelled.

  Izuku ignored him, walking briskly out of the school gates and hurrying down the road.

  He could hear explosions behind him, but Izuku made it to his front door and entered without incident.

  "I'm hooome!" He called, taking off his shoes and setting his bag on the floor.

  "Izuku!!" Eri exclaimed, running down the hallway.

  Izuku smiled, picking up the girl and holding her in his arms.

  "Hey Eri. How was your day?" He asked.

  Eri giggled.

  "It was fun. Inko made cookies, and I helped her put stuff on top!"

  As if remembering something, she wriggled in Izuku's arms, hopping down and running back through to the kitchen.

  Izuku chuckled, opening his bedroom door and sitting down at his desk.

  He opened his emails and began typing.

  Eri can reverse a living thing's existence to a previous state, like turning an adult into a child. I've theorised that she might be able to turn a person into a monkey, or make them quirkless. The Yakuza are quirk drug traffickers. I hope you understand the implications.

-Deku

  Izuku was interrupted by the unicorn in question barging into his room holding a plate over her head.

  "I see the magical cookie unicorn has arrived. What flavours are on offer?" He asked, picking up Eri and settling her in his lap.

  Eri smiled.

  "Inko made gingerbread cookies, and I put green on top! The beads and sprinkles sank into the icing though." She said.

  Izuku took a whole cookie and put it in his mouth. Munching with a grin as Eri stared.

  "How did you do that??" She asked.

  Izuku almost choked by laughing.

  "I've got a big mouth, or so I'm told." He said.

  Eri set the cookies on his desk, and they swivelled back to the computer screen.

  Thank you Deku, this information is invaluable. If Chisaki is indeed planning what you and now I suspect, it could have disastrous consequences. Even if he just wanted to turn people into monkeys it would be bad. I'll pass this along to Sir Nighteye, the hero leading the investigation.

  On another note, I've finished 'perfecting' your exam paper. I hope you'll have fun with it, but unfortunately the board won't let me make it harder, even for you.

-Rat.

  Izuku closed his emails and opened up his healing hero folders.

  "I was thinking we should make you a folder too. Your quirk goes right beside these ones after all."

  Eri smiled, nibbling on a cookie.

  "We could design a hero costume too!" Izuku exclaimed, pulling out his electronic drawing pad and pen.

  Eri stared wide eyed at the screen as an older Eri was quickly sketched, with a tall horn and longer hair.

  "Do you know what colours you want?" Izuku asked, smiling at the girl.

  Eri didn't even need to think.

  "Green it is." Izuku chuckled.