Chapter Nineteen: Gone

Eri felt lonely. She had Grandma Inko, but she had to do stuff around the house all the time, so Eri couldn't play with her.

  She missed Daddy. He said he would be gone for a week, and it already felt like forever, but it had only been three days.

  Eri was trying to fall asleep when Grandma Inko came into the bedroom quickly.

  "Eri, sweetie, we've got to go!" She said.

  Eri was worried. Grandma Inko sounded upset. Was Daddy in danger? Was he hurt? A horrible thought came to her.

  Did Chisaki get him?

  Eri got dressed quickly, and put her shoes on. Grandma Inko gave her a hat to hide her hair and horn, then they left.

Grandma Inko took Eri on the train, then they walked, and they arrived at a hospital. It was really dark outside now, but the hospital was really bright.

  Eri didn't like hospitals. They reminded her of the room. Chisaki's room. The one they hurt her in, wearing things like doctors did. Doctors scared her, just like hospitals. Was Daddy scared?

  Grandma Inko took Eri inside. It was scary, but if this was where he was..

  They went up to a tall man dressed all in black, with a big white scarf around his face. He didn't look like a doctor. He seemed.. nice.

  The tall man was one of Daddy's teachers. He was with him on the trip to the camp.

  The man apologised, but Eri didn't know what for.

  She tugged on his muddy sleeve. The tall man looked down at her with tired eyes.

  "Where's Daddy?"

_____________

  Aizawa's heart broke. He didn't know what to say. He hadn't even been there. The analyst had acted more heroically than most heroes had.

  "I don't know. I'm sorry. The.. bad guys took him." He managed to choke out.

  The little girl sniffed, then wiped her eyes.

  "Daddy will be okay.. Daddy's really smart, he can trick them.." she muttered.

  Another part of Aizawa died as he watched the little girl sob quietly, trying to tell herself that Izuku would be okay.

  _______________

  Nezu arrived at the hospital with Recovery Girl. They entered the lobby to find Mrs Midoriya and little Eri talking to Aizawa.

  The rat coughed to get their attention, then bowed to the Midoriyas.

  "I am deeply sorry. I will do everything in my power to get him back from the League, you have my word."

  How dare they take his friend. Nezu would rain hellfire upon the League of Villains, and he wouldn't even need Endeavour to do it. He was going to enjoy this. Very, very much.

____________

  Chiyo sighed. It was terrible, what happened to those children. And the kindest of them was snatched by those villains.

  Recovery Girl straightened her back with another sigh.

  "Eri, would you mind coming to help me?" She asked quietly.

  The tearful girl nodded, sniffing and wiping the tears away. Chiyo felt a small flare of pride in her chest. People needed help, and Eri was ready to do so.

  Recovery girl visited each of the hero course students, using her quirk on the few semi- serious injuries, and patching up any minor cuts and bruises with the little girl's help.

  Chiyo could tell Eri had been practicing, to surprise Izuku.

___________

  Inko watched Eri leave with Recovery Girl. Nezu sat down in a chair with a sigh, and gestured for Inko to follow.

  The principal had become very businesslike.

  "We know thanks to Izuku that the League of Villains are led by a villain All Might faced in the past. This villain is incredibly intelligent, and will without a doubt try to use or convert Izuku because of his intellect. I can assure you that Izuku is alive." He began.

  Inko almost fainted with relief. If Nezu, the smartest being alive, said so it was almost definitely correct.

  "Now, Izuku knows all this, so he will be able to play the long game of will he won't he. Izuku could probably escape the villains himself, given enough time and information. We have several leads that we know lead to the villains, so I assure you that you will have your son back by the end of the week." He continued.

  Inko nodded in understanding.

  "Thank you.. but.. why did the villains target Izuku?" She asked.

  Nezu sighed.

  "They didn't. They were after Katsuki Bakugo and Fumikage Tokoyami. Izuku pushed Bakugo away from the villains clutches, and was pulled through the portal instead.

  Inko sighed.

  That was exactly something he would do.

________________

  Eri and Recovery Girl returned to the lobby of the hospital. Inko thanked Nezu, and took Eri home. Aizawa remained with his students, and Nezu plotted a complex, crushing revenge. Recovery Girl had to return to UA, Mirio Togata had broken his arm in a bizarre accident.

  Izuku studied the man before him. All for One was powerful yes, but he wasn't after a battle of strengths and quirks. He was after a battle of intellect.

  The supervillain gestured, and the handcuffs unlocked themselves. Izuku folded his hands in a steeple before his face.

  "Now.. let us talk." All for One said.