Chapter One: Quirkless

Everyone knew the quirkless were weak.

  Useless.

  Pathetic.

  Stupid.

  Inferior to the quirked in every way.

  Everybody 'knew' that.

  Izuku however, knew and proved otherwise.

  Izuku dedicated himself to quirk analysis once he realized he wouldn't be getting a quirk of his own.

  By the age of 8, Izuku had taught himself the entire primary school curriculum. By the time he was 11, Izuku had finished his online highschool courses.

  By the time he turned 12, Izuku had picked up coding, which quickly turned into hacking when he turned 13.

  Izuku was not the top scorer in his school however. The teachers marked him down, or intentionally 'lost' his homework. Izuku was actually at the bottom of his year.

  The first time it happened he was upset, but when his homework was 'lost' and his grades marked unfairly for the 10th time, Izuku realized what was really going on.

  The teachers and all of his classmates had quirks.

  Everyone else in Musutafu probably had a quirk too.

  Izuku could very well be the only quirkless teenager in Japan. 90 percent of the world's quirkless population were aged 60 and over. Another 5 percent were 30 to 59 years old. Of the remaining 5 percent, 4 percent of the quirkless were 20 and older.

  The actual values themselves were more precise, going into the 5th decimal place.

  Izuku was part of the 0.00024 percent of the population. At least, according to his calculations.

  That added up to 1,760 quirkless people aged 19 and under in the world.

  America had the most quirkless people in the world, followed closely by China, which had the highest population.

  The UKF (United Kingdom Federation) also had a proportionately high quirkless count.

  That left around 150 quirkless people 19 and under scattered throughout the rest of the world.

  Izuku, having hacked into the quirk records of every country and compiled a list of quirkless kids ages worldwide, found out that he was the youngest.

  Of any and every quirkless person in the world, he was the youngest. Melissa Shield, daughter to David Shield, was the next youngest.

  In thirteen years, Izuku was the only quirkless person born.

  Izuku had also done some research on the side of his worldwide hacking project.

  According to statistics, people with emitter type quirks got the lowest scores on school tests and exam papers.

  Transformation types are the next lowest, followed by mutations.

  The only exceptions to this rule are intelligence quirks, putting them high above the rest.

  The quirkless are of course at the bottom, below even the emitter type's scores. Or so the official records say, written up by quirked individuals.

  The quirkless were actually even smarter than intelligence quirk users.

  Confused?

  I'll explain.

  Think for a moment, just how much brainpower it takes to levitate an object. To push against gravity, with just your mind. Or what about ejecting flame from your hands. Your brain needs to keep track of all the extra organs and bits and bobs your quirk needs to function.

  Transformation quirks are just as bad. Changing the very structure of your body and maintaining it has got to tax a person's mind.

  Mutations aren't quite so bad, because the person's body stays the same, and the brain normally mutates alongside the body to accommodate any extra limbs or organs the user acquires. The person is still controlling extra body parts, or has stronger senses and more information to process. Animalistic mutations could actually de-volve a person's brain, but those cases were rare.

  The quirkless don't have extra limbs to worry about, or have explosive hands to concentrate on 24/7 so they don't kill someone.

  Intelligence quirks put quirked people on a similar level as the quirkless, but it's still taxing on the base human brain to have so much information assaulting it at once.

  The quirkless were genii among men.

  Izuku was a genius among the quirkless.