⋆。˚ the big move

˚ ༘♡set during the 18th of march, 2020

˚ ༘♡
set during the 18th of march, 2020.

Softened by the midday glow, Roisin Mcloughlin tugged a full-to-the-brim box along the wooden hallway of her new apartment, the cardboard flaps slipping through her hands with uncomfortable ease. Too heavy to carry and, evidently, too heavy to successfully shuffle, she opted to use her sneaker-clad feet to push it below the breakfast bar.

Currently, the brunette was merely assigning the labelled boxes to their rooms: Kitchen for the kitchen, Bedroom for the bedroom. It was self-explanatory and a low effort job... if your significant other's handwriting didn't look like ancient hieroglyphics. Who decided it was a good idea for Axel to scrawl integral words in sharpie, she had no idea.

No matter the angle she turned her head, Roisin simply couldn't make out any English word from the muddle of lines. Even when she opened the box to decipher the puzzle, she was met with miscellaneous items that had no correlation.

Confused beyond belief, she stepped around other packaged stacks nearer to the front door and peered around the wood that was flung wide open. In the hallway sat a rogue sofa, which the moving company had yet to bring in, and her boyfriend sprawled across the soft fabric.

"Hey," Roisin started, a reluctant smile on her lips, "Having fun bossing them around?"

"No. I wish I could help- just let me take one-" Sitting up, raven hair sprawled on his forehead, Axel was interrupted by the girl before him.

"Absolutely not. You just... keep doing your thing. Looking pretty and motivating me."

"I am good at that." His sly grin brought butterflies to her stomach, even after almost six months of dating, and her cheeks flushed under his gaze.