𝙭 ── simp :)

chapter ten
❛⠀simp :)⠀❜

chapter ten❛⠀simp :)⠀❜

ROISIN MCLOUGHLIN woke up well into the afternoon, tangled in her bedsheets with the sun streaming through her open windows. there was a small bundle at her hip, a purring lump that kneaded small paws into her stomach, nuzzling her little face into her white vest top as if she were lapping up some milk, so roisin reached down to scratch her chin. her favourite place to be pet. it was a nice thing to wake up to, her little cat showing her so much affection. there wasn't much of that going around at the minute. she couldn't remember the last time someone hugged her for more than two seconds.

for some reason, corpse came to her mind. his charming laugh and the way that he checked up on her. he would hug her, she thought, and he wouldn't let go until she was ready. but he was across the ocean, and she didn't know what he looked like - or if he would even be comfortable being that close to her. then her phone buzzed by her elbow, and she was reminded of their long facetime calls. especially the one from last night, after her stream. of course he would be comfortable being that close around her.

after a few minutes of pure, non-stop serotonin, she stretched her legs off of her bed and pat the duvet for her phone - which was critically low and practically screaming at her to plug it in. connecting it to the outlet beside her, she saw that she had locked it on the facetime screen where, much to her surprise, the last outgoing call was with corpse. for nine hours. they had talked for a few hours, minimum, but he had stayed on after she had fallen asleep. the thought made her heart swell, and she caught her lip between her teeth. butterflies erupted in her stomach.