two,

10/23/20

Dear journal,

Something that consistently bothers me is my clumsiness that follows me everywhere. I cannot successfully step over big cracks in the sidewalks or realize my shoelaces are untied in time.

It never fails me. For someone who wears glasses on the daily, you'd think I'd be able to see where I'm going half of the time. You'd definitely think I would be able to see if there was a big platform on the ground and that I wouldn't forget it was there. The answer is no, I don't see those.

Sometimes my face is buried in the pages of a book. Other times I only look straight ahead of my eyes and never look down at what's underneath. I also am so lost in the wonders of my mind that I can't see the world around me.

This morning I was walking to school like I normally do, and keep in mind I take the same route every day. There are no changes in my path to school. I was walking at a semi normal pace, probably a little bit faster. I was minding my own business, thinking of my next book, until suddenly I trip on something! My arms frantically moved trying to gain my balance, which did not work because I fell on the hard concrete. I laid there for a few seconds trying to catch my breath from the fall. I look behind me and I saw my foot entangled with a bush.

Yes, you read that right. I tripped over a bush.

How does one even trip over a bush? I don't even know the answer myself. I'm still cursing myself for tripping over something like that. It's a bush, how can someone be so clumsy?

I'm glad that no one was around to see it. I would've looked like more of a loser than I already felt.

Minho shut the notebook and sat back into his desk. He crossed his arms and looked up at the ceiling in thought. Clumsy, huh?

The bell rang signaling the end of his first period. Minho slung his bag over his shoulder and headed to the hallway. He didn't necessarily like the plan he was going with, but it would have to do for now. In all honesty, Minho couldn't have thought of anything better. How else would he find out who was a clumsy person?

As he watched the kids in the hallway swarm around each other walking to class, Minho leaned against some lockers, whistling away. He pretended not to be paying attention to his surroundings and slid his foot further away from him until both of his feet had a good distance between them. Just act like you have no clue what's happening Minho.

As he whistled looking up at the ceiling, hands shoved in his pockets, Seo Soojin tripped over Minho's foot and almost face-planted. As she gained her composure, Minho smirked to himself in victory. I mean it's a plan that works.

"Hey Lee Minho! Watch where you put your foot!" Soojin yelled while fixing her shirt that bunched up.

Minho feigned an apologetic expression. "Oh, was that me?" He asked innocently, a hand on his chest. "I'm so sorry Soojin it was an accident."

Soojin sighed. "It's fine, just watch where your foot is next time."

Soojin walked away and Minho closed his fist in victory. Alright let's see who else falls for this.

Minho moved away from the lockers and into the heaps of people. His eyes gazed around the crowd for a minute before settling on his next targets. Minho sped up while waving his arm in the air.

"Hey Changbin-ah!" Minho yelled. As he pushed his way through the bunches of people, he purposefully bumped into Kim Donghyun along the way. A little too hard according to Donghyun.