twenty,

A ping echoed throughout Jisung's bedroom. Usually when Jisung was brainstorming plot ideas for books he wanted to write, he ignored his phone for the most part. He shut it to a silent setting and left it on his bed for another time. However, Jisung forgot to put it on silent.

Jisung heavily sighed and paused what he was writing for a moment to check his phone. The second he turned it on, his eyes became saucers.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
jisung! it's minho :)

Jisung yelped and threw his phone back on his bed, as if someone had jumped in front of him unexpectedly to scare him. With a hand over his heart, Jisung hyperventilated for a short amount of time before swallowing dry and inhaling deeply to calm himself down.

It's just a text message Jisung, what's wrong with you?

Jisung took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly.

It's just a text message. You're okay Jisung.

Jisung grabbed his phone off the bed and quickly unlocked it to reply to his crush.

Jisungie✨📔
hi minho hyung!

Jisung shut off his phone and nodded to himself. He kept repeating in his head over and over that he's gotten through the hardest part. It's just texting, how far could it really escalate?

A ding echoed throughout the room and Jisung giddily picked up his phone only to stare at it in horror.

Minho hyung 💕🐈
i was wondering if you
wanted to hang out?

Oh god what do I say?

How am I supposed to react?

Do I sound excited? Chilled out? Play hard to get, dry texter, boring, loving? What is the perfect way to respond to my crush asking me to hang out with him?

Jisungie✨📔
what for???

Jisung facepalmed himself mentally. He couldn't control his responses although his brain was yelling entirely different things. He had many responses lined up that could've worked yet Jisung spilled entirely different words that were out of left field.

Minho hyung 💕🐈
so we can get to know
each other for our project
silly goose

Jisungie✨📔
oH
oh yeah
i'm down to hang out!
where should we meet?

Jisung gnawed as his fingernails, a nasty habit he's picked up on, as he waited for Minho to reply. Shortly after, his phone rang out.

Minho hyung 💕🐈
how about a library?

Jisung couldn't help but feel so stunned. So many people would choose one of their houses or a cafe to reside at for the couple of hours. It's almost as if Minho could read Jisung's mind like a book on display with all their words open for everyone to see.

How could Minho tell what Jisung was like? Was he that obvious about never taking his eyes off the pages of a book?

Jisungie✨📔
yeah sounds good :) i'll meet
you there shortly

—-

Jisung hugged his slim body as he trudged over to the library with his backpack tightened to his back. He was exhausted from all the walking but no one could drive him over, so Jisung sucked it up and walked the distance.