twenty three,

Minho huffed as he walked down the pavement, watching miniature stores pass through his vision. It was a weekend and he had slept in, almost forgetting that he was supposed to meet with Jisung. Minho would be lying if he said he tried to put a lot of effort in his appearance. When he woke up only 20 minutes before he was supposed to be there and it takes about 15 minutes to walk there, he really just threw on the first thing he saw in his closet.

Minho found a pair of black and red sweats, a loosely fit grey shirt, and a pair of black and white Nike shoes. He parted his hair centered and brushed it lazily, which made it a little puffy. His eye bags were slightly purple, and he had no time to put on any makeup. However, the outfit will have to do for now.

Minho studied the watch on his wrist with curious eyes.

11:53 AM

If I walk fast, I can make it there in 5 minutes.

Minho then picked up his pace and hurried over to the cafe that Jisung loved so dearly. Minho too, he had to admit that something about the Starlight Cafe left him in wonders on how a cafe can bring so much comfort to someone's heart. He felt the extreme comfort that Jisung felt towards the place, and he could understand the emotional attachment Jisung carried.

Minho guessed that maybe it was the idea of living amongst the stars perhaps, or possibly watching the night sky? Maybe it was both.

Minho became so lost in his multiple threads of thought that he didn't realize how close he was to the entrance of the cafe. He smiled unconsciously at the thought of the chestnut headed boy and jogged towards the entrance. He headed inside and immediately found Jisung, who had a bucket hat atop his brown locks of hair and a black shirt with a turtle in the top left corner.

A turtle guy huh? Makes sense.

Jisung looked up from his phone, and his smile suddenly became the main attraction in the room, blinding out all the stars hanging from the ceiling.

"Minho hyung! How are you?"

Jisung stood up from his chair and walked up Minho, slithering his arms around Minho's neck. Minho inhaled the scent of watermelon and lemonade, which reminded him about the unnamed black journal sitting on his desk. He pushed that thought away in favor of hugging the boy back and allowing his heart to race for a different reason.

"You're a little sweaty. Did you just go for a run?"

Minho immediately pulled away, feeling slightly humiliated. He scratched the back of his head as his ears turned red. "Uh no, actually, I only woke up about 30 minutes ago. I forgot to set my alarm, and I rushed putting clothes on and getting over here. I walked over here really fast then- actually yeah I did go for a run." Minho huffed after forgetting to breathe after trying to explain to Jisung why he was sweaty.

Jisung giggled and shook his head. "I would've understood if you were late. I mean I'm not really someone you have to be so punctual for."

"You don't deserve that at all! I'd hate to leave you hanging."

Jisung sighed contently and sat down back in his chair. Minho sat across from him.

"Have you ever been here before? I love it so much and I wanted to show it to you-"

"Yes Jisung, remember? We even had a conversation here, at that table over there."

Minho pointed to an empty table a few down, and Jisung suddenly retrieved the awkward memory from his brain. He felt a little stupid for not remembering. "Oh...that's right. You'll have to excuse me, it's Saturday, my brain isn't as sharp."