fourteen,

1/21/21

Dear diary,

I don't really know who I can laugh about this with, because I don't really have that many friends. I guess I really only have you. Don't worry though, I'm completely okay having a small circle!

Hyunjin, my best friend, has been growing his hair out for a while. He currently has it dyed blonde and his hair might only be mere centimeters from his shoulders. It quite suits him actually. All the girls, and maybe other guys, swoon over him and imagine that one day the blonde perfection would sweep them off their feet and run away towards the sunset.

If I wasn't already head over heels for some devil bunny looking boy, I'd fall in love with Hyunjin myself.

Blonde perfection and devil bunny looking boy doesn't really sound right. I need to get better at painting people in a beautiful light before submitting my novels to publishers.

The point is, I actually hadn't brought Hyunjin home with me in a long time. Quite a few months to be exact. Ever since Hyunjin joined the dance club here at school, he's extremely busy and uses his after school time to practice. Hyunjin really works hard at his craft and it pays off.

Today, Hyunjin had a day off from all that dancing and preparing for his show. He asked me to help him catch up on some homework and I was 100% willing to tutor him no matter what. This was to Hyunjin's benefit after all.

After school and after our daily starlight cafe stop, we walked back to my house. I opened the front door, and Hyunjin turned around to take off his shoes and set his bags down, to get comfortable like he always has! All of a sudden, a piercing scream bled into our ears.

Me being the fearful child I am, I instinctively covered my ears and stumbled harshly to get away from the noise. I asked my mom what the hell she was screaming for. Loud noises, especially when it's unexpected, really trigger my anxiety.

I swear diary, my mom yelled that she didn't know I was bringing a girl home.

A girl!!!! Me? NEVER in a million years!

I yelled back at her why she ever thought I would bring a girl home, especially without notice. She asked me who was next to me, and of course it was Hyunjin.

She hadn't seen him in months! Since his hair is so long now, my mom really thought Hyunjin was a girl. This sent Hyunjin into an irreversible embarrassment. His eyes were round and looked like a tapioca pearl. His cheeks to his ears were dusted with a rosy shade of pink. I snorted to myself at the reaction of him staying eerily silent.

I responded to her that it was Hyunjin next to me. He finally turned around to show his face after feeling so humiliated. He stammered out a 'Hello Mrs. Han.' Once my mom realized her misstep, she broke out into a contagious laughter. I joined her and Hyunjin just groaned and buried his face with his hands.

Poor Hyunjin was so distressed the entire night and was extremely pouty. It was such a cute sight to see.

Ah I wish I could've been able to tell someone this. I guess I can only laugh with you and my mom.

Minho pushed the diary away and held his hand over his heart. Hyunjin? As is Hwang Hyunjin?

What other Hyunjin has long blonde hair you dumbass?

Minho collected himself, because he started to get extremely excited. He deeply inhaled and exhaled, trying to get his heart rate slower. However, Minho couldn't contain his smile to himself. As his infamous bracket smile formed, Minho giggled to himself.

I'm finally getting somewhere. Maybe I will find out who they are before the last entry.

Minho grabbed his now wrinkled paper of a list and jot down many names he knew Hyunjin interacted with. Hyunjin was quite the extrovert and was friends with almost everyone, including Minho himself.

Although he wrote many names off the top of his head, he easily crossed out just as many; some names he had already removed from the suspect list after a long while of Minho investigating multiple students. Even though Minho had gotten miles ahead than he was previously, a very important detail flew right over his center-parted brown hair that would've taken him even further.

Minho folded his arms and sat back in his chair, happy with the now quite small list of people. All my hard work is starting to pay off.

Lee Felix
Yang Jeongin
Kim Seungmin
Han Jisung

—-

Jisung was sitting at his desk focusing on his research paper. Was it boring? Yes, but did he have to get it done? Yes.

Jisung huffed in boredom as he continued to type away on the word document. He stared blankly at the screen as more letters build up on the white paper.

After groaning in frustration, Jisung clicked off the assignment and he banged his head on the desk. It was times like this the boy missed his diary dearly. He wanted to write out all his frustrations on the page, and let his emotions transfer over from his head onto paper.

With his head still on the desk, Jisung let out a sigh.

I wonder where my diary went. I know it fell out of my bag, but where would it have fallen? I wonder if someone has found it-

Jisung shot his head up and the color drained from his face, his skin now the color of tissue paper. He sucked in air sharply and gulped at the thought.

What if someone has read it?

Jisung gripped tuffs of his hair, and grit his teeth together in embarrassment.

Can I bear with the fact someone might have possibly read the entire thing? That they know my secrets and built up fantasies that play in my mind?

Can I possibly go to school every day with my head held high if someone decides to spill every little detail about what I write?

Jisung facepalmed at himself for being so foolish. He just had to bring his diary with him to school. He just couldn't help himself to write an entry about being in love with Lee Minho.

Oh god, I wrote an entry only gushing about Minho.

I'm such an idiot.

Someone is gonna read the diary and figure out how I feel about him and tell him. How can I ever face Minho again?

It was nice talking to him while it lasted.

Jisung's mind ran wild at the negative outcomes that could send him over the edge with humiliation. Little does he know, he got lucky enough that he never wrote his name on the front cover.

~~~

I'm gonna try to finish this book ASAP in hopefully a month. I doubt it'll work that way , but I can always attempt to