thirteen,

1/15/21

Dear diary,

I want to talk about a little cafe I go to after school! The name is starlight cafe, and it's one of the places that feel like home to me.

The sign is in cursive blue letters with a bright, full moon in the corner. When you walk in, it's a smaller cafe, but it's very cozy and immersive. Three walls are coated in a dark grey paint, yet the wall that is closest to all the tables has a mural of the night sky. That sky is a dark blue with clouds covering the bottom of the wall like flooring. A large moon resides off center and is surrounded by many stars. When you look at the ceiling, many golden fairy lights hang down acting as the stars.

Since the cafe is a night sky themed, most of their cups and utensils and such have a sky-like aura to them. The cups are paper like, but they have a golden peachy shimmer decorating them. The cup is also littered with yellow stars in a golden outline. I would say it's like a paper layer of decoration on the cup. They reuse a lot of their plates and bowls, which are ceramic like. They come in various shapes, like a cloud, a sun, a star, and a moon that has little dips in it. Each utensil is a golden shade with a sky-like symbol on the ends. A fork has a sun, a spoon has a cloud, and a knife has a star. It's entirely beautiful.

Every day after school, I walk my way down blocks of a nearby neighborhood, and I make a few turns along the way. It's about half a mile away from the school, which means I can usually get there pretty soon after the last bell rings its chorus.

The workers there always know I'm coming, so they prepare my usual ahead of time. It's basically finished by the time I step onto the property.

This cafe really feels like my second home, my escape from this dull life I live.

—-

Minho flicked his pencil, dashing out names. His eyes darted around the cafe left and right, spotting many people from his school. He grunted to himself at the sight of the large crowd.

There were way too many people from his school to his liking. As many names he was crossing out with stripe of lead, he desperately wished for his list to be smaller.

Minho noticed the entry date getting closer and closer to the date he found it. There must've not been many entries left, possibly two or three. He was hoping the boy wrote every day up until January 31, but with the aligning patterns, Minho couldn't muster up something reasonable to think otherwise.

A lady in her mid 20s and hair as long as a horse's mane strode up to Minho's table. "Here's your order sir." She spoke softly.

She gave Minho a cream cheese brownie on a smaller white ceramic plate in the shape of a cloud. Like the boy promised, his cup was a peachy golden shimmer and stars scattered across. Minho was quite pleased at the attractiveness of it all.

"Thank you." Minho replied as she walked away.

As Minho snagged his fork to dig into his large brownie, the bell rang on the door, signaling someone was coming in. Minho snapped his head in the direction of the door and immediately regretted it. Minho yipped in anxious manner and flipped his hood on his head, like a turtle retreating into his shell. God, I'm always so nervous around him!

Jisung, however, hadn't noticed Minho's presence in the cafe.

"Seungminnie you'll love it here! It's so beautiful." Jisung spoke with adoration littered around his eyes.

Seungmin nodded at Jisung's words. "I think I could definitely find something I like here."

The boys walked up to the counter and Jisung, of course, was handed his usual, a cheesecake and iced caramel macchiato. Seungmin ordered a red velvet cookie and an iced americano. As Jisung fished through his wallet for money, Seungmin spotted Minho in a crouched position, glancing around the cafe with a glint of anxiety in his eyes. The younger boy nudged Jisung.

"Ow- Seungmin what's up?"

"Isn't that Minho?" Seungmin asked quietly and subtly pointed at Minho. Jisung looked over his shoulder and his breath hitched at the sight. He only nodded his head.

"Go talk to him."

"No!" Jisung protested. "I'm here with you, that would be rude."

Seungmin scoffed and rolled his eyes. "What's the  real reason you won't talk to him?"

Jisung scratched his head and a light pout rested on his face. "I just don't feel good enough for him, that's all." He mumbled.

"Why do you feel that way?"

"There's no indication he likes guys. He could just be playing nice around me. I'm not really someone anybody would go for." Jisung's voice trailed off. He pointed at Minho in frustration. "Look at him! He's hiding away so I don't notice him!"

"You don't know that."

"I just don't think I have a shot."

Seungmin picked up Jisung's food and drink out of his hands after linking an arm around the elder's. "What are you doing?"

"Giving you a little push."

Seungmin began to walk at a freakish pace towards Minho and Jisung was only dragged alone with him. Jisung spewed out a bunch of protests, but Seungmin never stopped putting one foot in front of the other. The younger halted in front of Minho's table, and the oldest of the three looked up to see a confident puppy like boy and a flustered Jisung. Minho's eyes sparkled at the sight.

"Hi. You're Minho right?"

Minho nodded his head.

"Good. My friend Jisung wants to talk to you, so I'll leave you to it." Seungmin placed Jisung's order on the table and pushed the boy into the chair. He walked away with a sly grin.

"Haha..." Jisung awkwardly laughed. "I'm sorry about him. He's a little odd."

Minho giggled and Jisung felt the world fade away around him. "No no it's okay, it's cute."

Suddenly, Jisung's heart plummet into his stomach like he was on a drop zone. He might like boys, but it's Seungmin he finds cute.

"What's cute?"

"That you wanna talk to me." Minho placed his elbow on the table to lean into his palm.

Jisung's cheeks bloomed into roses as his head went into static. "O-Oh well yeah, I like t-talking to you hyung." Jisung lightly facepalmed and groaned to himself at his stuttering.

Minho pushed over his cloud plate to Jisung's side of the table. "Do you wanna try the brownie? It's kind of a lot, I'd like to share it with you if you want."

Jisung fingers spread apart so his vision could peek through. His gaze landed atop the brownie and it made his mouth water. Without another word, he gripped his fork and stabbed the cream cheese brownie to snag a piece.

Jisung popped the piece of brownie into his mouth and he moaned at the taste. "Wow I never thought of this godly combination." Jisung tried to speak with his voice muffled by the food.

Minho smiled at the younger. "Here, take as much as you want."

The boys finished their brownie and drinks together, laughing away as the world faded around them. To Minho and Jisung, they were the only thing to matter in that moment.

~~~

I had so much writers block for this chapter i-

I seriously can't wait to get rid of the diary format of this story