Chapter 6: Sleepless Nights

Slipping off your tattered black sneakers, you drag your sore, sweaty body over to the living room couch and lie down. A dull pain spreads from the top of your chest and down to your stomach, just the slightest movement causing aches to consume your weary body. 

"Are you okay (Y/N)? Want something to drink?" Paku asks, slipping off her heels.

"You killed me today." You moan into the pillows.

"I know, I'm sorry babe, we should've stopped earlier. I didn't realize how much of a toll it would take on your body." She replies, sitting on the couch next to you.

 Pakunoda rests her feet onto the table in front of the couch and closes her eyes. Today was your first time training with music and although it proved to be very effective, it was incredibly exhausting. 

"We need to start working on your endurance. For now, we'll only do an hour with music, but soon we will need to have you do up to 4 hours... especially if you are to go on tougher missions." 

"Ughhhh." You groan in response.

Pakunoda lightly smacks the back of your thigh and laughs. "Come on, get up. Let's get something to eat."

Slowly sliding off of the plush black couch, you force your legs to carry you to the kitchen as you let out a long disgruntled groan.

"What's wrong with you?" Shalnark asks, taking a bite from a bright red apple.

"We trained really hard today. I think I broke her." Pakunoda laughs, pulling out a bag of diced watermelon. 

"Ohhh, that's fun! Do you want me to make you a smoothie?" Shalnark flashes you his classic smile.

Shalnark you bundle of joy. 

"Yeah, sure that be great." You reply as you pull yourself onto the tall wooden stool. 

He takes another bite from his apple and opens up the cupboard next to him, pulling out a massive jug of vanilla protein powder. You drowsily watch as he starts to cut up some strawberries and bananas. Sliding the slices of fruit into the blender, he adds a heaping scoop of protein powder and pours in a generous amount of plain oat milk (or your choice of milk really). Clicking the black lid into place, he presses the big green start button and a loud whirring fills the kitchen. 

I'm so damn exhausted. I'm going to die.

Shalnark stops the blender, pours the thick pink liquid into a tall glass cup, and slides it over to you.

"Here, drink up. You'll feel better."

"Thanks, Shal. You're such a sweetheart." You reply and take a long sip.

This is so good.

"Anytime!" He beams.

"Shal, you're seriously such a sweetheart. We all love you Shal!" Pakunoda sings while hugging his waist, rocking him back and forth.

"Yeah, we love you so much Shal!" You exclaim as you gulp down your cold smoothie.

"Aww! You guys." He gleams.

"What are y'all talking about?" Machi asks while Shizuku follows her into the kitchen.

"How much we love Shalnark." Pakunoda replies, letting go of him.

"Aw, so adorable!" Shizuku smiles.

Pretty soon, Kortopi and Nobunaga walk into the kitchen and sit at the counter next to you. Kortopi starts swinging his legs back and forth and you lovingly pet the top of his soft teal blue hair.