Chapter 17: God Save The Queen

TW: Violence, trauma, angst, childhood trauma

"NO!" Your father suddenly screams, thrashing his body as a feeble attempt to release himself from Feitan's binds. "DON'T DO IT!"

"Uh... what the fuck?" Machi looks down at your dad.

"Please... Let me go... I need to go now otherwise we are all in deep deep trouble."

"Tough shit. You go you die." Feitan growls.

"Please... You don't understand... (Y/N) is in massive trouble right now."

"Like you ever cared about her." Machi rolls her eyes before kicking a cloud of dirt into his eyes. "You may be her father, but you're still a piece of shi-"

The ground vibrates violently for 3 seconds.

"Did you feel that?" Nobunaga looks around carefully. "Please tell me you all felt that."

Franklin nods. "That was a nen flare. I wonder who could've done that."

"PLEASE!" Your father's face goes pale. "I'll wear the hand binds, just please I'm begging you. Let me go over there. I need to go."

"Explain." Franklin replies.

"(Y/N)'s cursed nen has awakened... But this is not like any of her other emotional awakenings... Her mind has become overturned with pure hatred. I have only seen her nen flare like this once before and it decimated an entire city. Please... PLEASE!" He screams in desperation.

"Oh fuck." Machi gasps. "Okay, okay... Here's what we're going to do. Franklin, undo his leg binds but keep the ones on his hands tight. Everyone follow him closely, I'll attach one of my threads to his back so we don't loose him."

"If you try kill her, you die." Feitan points his knife at his throat. "I have no trust."

Your father nods his head frantically as Franklin undoes the tight binds around his thighs and feet.

------

Hisoka swings his legs to an unsounded rhythm, as you and Kurapika begin your fight to the death.

"I told you I didn't know anything (Y/N)! I swear. If I had known I wouldn't have done what I did!" Kurapika screams out as he narrowly misses one of your blackened attacks. "Please, let me make up for what I've done. I swear I won't ever come near the troupe!"

His words rap weakly at the impenetrable fortress your bilious thoughts have constructed. The arrows of your savage agony defend the fortress from any rationale, declaring all visitations rebuked and forbidden, even the most fortuitous prodigy from God could not deliver a thin sliver of coherent hope.

"You and everyone else says the same shit to me over and over again. If I had known... If only... IF ONLY!" You scream as you throw another darkly charged nen attack towards your nimble target.

A thick chain unexpectedly wraps around your ankle, quickly pulling you forward and causing your back to slam down onto the wet forest floor.

"Please (Y/N)... I don't want to do this... I don't want us to do this..." Kurapika pants, his fatigue from the battle becoming extremely apparent. "We both lost so much already."

Placing both your hands besides your head, you forcefully throw your legs into the air using the momentum to stand. The black liquid that once dripped from the sides of your eyes begins to flood down your cheeks creating two cascading waterfalls of ebony stains. Your legs charge forward as a bull to the color red, but before you can pull your fist back to throw a heavily charged punch a female figure materializes before you briefly halting your attack.