chapter 9 - five more minutes

i was shocked. did she mean this for real?

"you what?" were the only words i managed to let out.

"i like you Skylar. a lot. i've been kinda interested in you since i started stalking your fan account a while ago and i was so excited to find out you were coming at my show. you definitely caught my attention at the meet and greet. when i found you at the bridge my heart dropped and i felt sick. i didn't want to believe the girl i like was about to die. that's why i am so protective and clingy around you. i like you Skylar, i really do" she admitted, staring at her hands nervously.

i was speechless. this seemed genuine. Billie Eilish really liked me. what the fuck.

"Billie i don't know what to say" i started. "first of all, i didn't mean to have that attitude before im so sorry. i am so glad you care about me because deep down i didn't wanna do it. and well, if i told you i don't like you too, it would be a huge lie. i do like you Billie. a lot" i said smiling at her.

i could see a small smile appearing on her lips.

"you- you do?" she muttered.

"of course i do stupid" i chuckled.

her smile grew wider. she moved her face close to mine and kissed my nose.
ah she was so cute. i kissed her nose back and we both giggled.

"thank you for everything" i whispered and she just pulled me in for a tight hug. i felt so safe around her. i felt like i could be myself. i had spent so many years hiding my true self but with her i could be completely vulnerable and genuine. not even my best friend could make me feel this way.

"can we please cuddle?" i asked.

"i'd love to" she agreed and let out a giggl. she kissed my cheek and laid in bed.

i laid next to her so my back was against her front. she wrapped her arm around my waist and rubbed my tummy. i tangled our legs, trying to show her some affection.

"so you're not straight, huh?" i asked breaking the silence.

"obviously not" she chuckled. "i'm not sure about my label yet but i definitely like girls. i don't know if i even want a label to be honest"

"okay i understand. this is 100% valid but if you ever have any concerns about it you can come talk to me"

"thanks baby. so are you staying here tonight?"

"yes, i am. you found your way to convince me" i said and turned around to face her.

she didn't say anything, we just stared at each other. our faces were just a few inches apart.

"you're absolutely perfect" she whispered.

perfect

"i am far from perfect".

"you are perfect in my eyes though" she exclaimed.

a tear fell down my cheek. a happy tear. no one had ever treated me this way. my heart felt full.

"you make me so happy" i told her.

"i'm glad to hear that. all i want is you to be happy"

i buried my face in the crook of her neck and hugged her tight.

"should we go get your stuff now before we fall asleep or something?" she asked.

"five more minutes please" i begged her.

"alright. but only five. then we're going"

"alright, alright, just five" i said and closed my eyes.

_________

after some time i woke up in Billie's bed but she wasn't there. i was kinda confused. weren't we supposed to get my stuff out of the car in just five minutes?

i got up from the bed and headed to the kitchen to look for her. i found her in front of the stove, cooking something.

"Billie" i called her name and she turned around

"oh hey Skylar. did you sleep well?"

"yeah i did. um are we going to get my stuff now?"

"your stuff is already in my room. i brought them in myself. you fell asleep and i didn't wanna wake you up"

"oh sorry" i said feeling guilty about not helping her.

"it's fine, you needed to rest anyway. sit down now, food will be ready soon"

"what are you making? it smells so good" i asked.

"pancakes. they're vegan obviously"

"hell yeah, im so fucking hungry"

"they'll be ready soon" she said and focused on the food again.

about 5 minutes later the pancakes were ready. she put some kind of vegan nutella on them and brought them to me in a big plate. she sat down on a chair opposite to me.

"let me feed you please" she proposed.

"only if you let me feed you" i replied and she nodded.

she cut the pancake tower with a knife and took a small piece on a fork. she stretched her arm over my mouth but couldn't reach me and she accidentally dropped the piece of pancake on the table.

"sorry but you're just too far away my arm can't reach you" she said embarrassed.

"oh let me fix this". i got up and walked over to her. she looked at me nervously while i sat on her lap and wrapped my legs around her.

"better now?" i asked and raised my eyebrow.

"perfect"

she grabbed the fork again and fed me. i did the same. we spent the next 15 minutes feeding each other while i was sitting on her lap. i had butterflies in my stomach the entire time. this was a moment i wanted to remember forever.

i wasn't sure whether we were moving too fast but with every little moment like this i was falling deeper and deeper for her.

A/N: idk if you guys feel like it's too early for them to confess feelings but i needed some action in the story lol

what do you think is gonna happen next?

pls vote, comment, add to your library etc <33