Mierda!!!

Mariana's POV

Visiting my Mom had really put things into perspective for me. Since returning home 2 days ago, I had returned to work and decided to just let the chips fall where they may.

I'd betrayed Kayan brutally so if she decided to never speak to me ever again, that would be my much deserved fate.

As for Dimitri, we talked over the phone and I told him not to come around anymore as that was best for all of us.

At first he was reluctant, but when I didn't concede, he finally agreed. Neither of us still hadn't heard from Kayan and her phone was now going straight to voice-mail.

She was still out of office as I'd call everyday and whenever I drove by her house, it was always engulfed in darkness.

Closing out my last session for the day, I exited my office with the intention of grabbing a late lunch at the diner two blocks down the street.

I'd opted not to eat as my stomach has really been bugging me for the past few days. Later this afternoon, I had a last minute appointment with my doctor as I really needed some antibiotics for this bug.

As I opened the door to Herb's Diner, the scent of deep fried chicken wafted through my nostrils. Smiling broadly, I quickly went to the cashier to place my order and pay.

"Welcome to Herb's, what can I get you today?" The cashier Rosa asked brightly.

"Umm, let me have the fried chicken, herbed mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts and a snapple please." I replied.

She tapped the monitor then asked, "Is your order take out or dine in ma'am?"

"I'll take it to go please." I replied then took a seat to wait.

Minutes later, I grabbed my order and headed toward the door while checking my email on my phone.

I smashed into a hard muscular body, dropping my phone in the process. When I retrieved it from the floor and looked up, it was as if time froze.

There stood Kayan and her brother Damar, both shooting daggers at me.

I tried to speak but no words were forthcoming. Damar hissed his teeth and side stepped me but Kayan just stood there looking at me blankly.

"Ka...Kayan, I'm so happy to see you're okay." I stuttered nervously.

She didn't reply, she only looked at me as if I was a speck of dirt that scuffed her shoes. Kay was glowing, she had a nice tan too.

She was dressed in a burgundy bodycon dress with a gold zipper running down its length, paired with black open-toed stilletos and a black Louis Vuitton tote perched on her arm.

I continued, " Kay, I'm really sorry about everything. I fucked up and you didn't deserve any of it..I'm really...".

Kayan laughed which sent chills down my spine. She took a step forward and I took one back. There's no telling if she would deck me here and now.

Eyeing me up and down, she clicked her tongue and spoke, "I don't give a fuck about your apologies Mariana! And unless we meet like this again in a public space, stay the fuck away from me."

Her tone was icy and her face was  now morphed with anger.  My lips quivered as tears threatened to spill from my eyes.

She truly wanted nothing to do with me!

"Okay. I'm really sorry Kayan,I hope one day you can forgive me." I said and began to walk away.

She chuckled, "Forgive, you say? I can't forgive someone who is dead to me Mariana, and you can pass that message on to Dimitri."