𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 // into the open air

━━━AHOY! After more than a month of waiting for an update, I bring you filler. I'm sorry.

( Chapter 14 - Into the open air )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

X791

TRUE TO HER WORD, Lucy dove head first into deciphering the meaning of her father's strange memento. Dealana wanted no part of it. She made up her mind to not help Lucy and Michelle in their attempts to translate the inscription that appeared the other day. The old magic gave off bad vibes to begin with, and the whole floating incident did nothing to ease her worries.

The biggest factor in Dealana's decision, however, was Makarov. He advised that they leave it alone. The memento, whatever it was, effected Makarov more than any of them were willing to admit. The idea of Makarov being even the tiniest bit shaken by something unknown was proof enough that it was probably something bad.

He told them that they should leave it as it was and not look into it, so Dealana did just that.

She made no comment about the relic or the inscription whenever it came up in conversation or she was around Lucy and Michelle. The two young women poured most of their focus into it, so Dealana ultimately decided to steer clear of them unless it was necessary. She made no offers to help them, finding polite excuses to decline if they ever asked. And the most important, Dealana kept what she'd been able to recognize about the runes to herself.

But avoiding the memento proved difficult as Lucy and Michelle worked mostly out of the guild hall, which wasn't as big as their previous establishment. Dealana wasn't going to avoid the guild hall just because they were there either. Still, there were times when she couldn't handle hearing them from across the room—thank you dragon slayer hearing—and needed a breath of fresh air.

So when Erza and Gray approached her and Camarin saying they were taking a new job request, Dealana was all for getting away from the creepy memento.

"More bandits?" questioned Dealana as she scanned the flyer in front of her. She glanced up to meet Erza's gaze with a curious expression.

"Ooh, but they're stealing gold this time!" Camarin pointed out from where she read over her partner's shoulder. "You do love shiny things."

Dealana cracked a small grin. "That I do, 'Rin. That I do. Camarin and I are up for joining in." she returned the flyer to Erza and nodded her head towards Gray, her grin widening. "Hey, is Gray gonna be the bait this time?"

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." Gray deadpanned, a faint hue of pink coloring his face.

"Darn. Kinda hoping to see that," Dealana joked and winked at Erza, who wasn't hiding her amusement as well as she would've liked. Growing serious, she then asked, "When were you looking to head out?"