𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 // time ticks forward

━━━AHOY! I was feeling a bit extra descriptive for this chapter. Also the title is bomb, you can't tell me otherwise, my eyes will not see.

( Chapter 20 - Time Ticks Forward )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

X791

DISHES CLATTERED TO THE FLOOR. The noise carried through Fairy Tail's guild hall and drew attention to where Kinana had collapsed. She instinctively put her arms out to brace her fall, but as she tried pushing herself up to a more comfortable position, they quivered. Sweat dripped down her forehead and her face appearing pallor. 

Her skin itched and buzzed, the magic beneath flowing through her veins felt like it was on fire. It was too much all at once, overwhelming her senses and creating shockwaves of pain that made her head throb. 

Faintly, she heard voices among other things. The noises overlapped with each other, distorted and distant like she was hearing it all from underwater. None of it made sense. It was too confusing.

Much louder voices, familiar ones belonging to her guild mates, reached her ears, but she couldn't focus on their concern. One of the voices had jumped out at her, turning so sharp and so clear that it silenced everything else that she'd been hearing. It came to her in a whisper. Kinana shivered, as she imagined the words ghosting around her ear.

"It's close... so very close." she gasped, her voice trembling. The burning sensation in her body intensified, crawling up her arms, eating away at her nerves like her own poison magic turned against her. "I sense it... the end is within our grasp. I can hear it now! I hear—"

THUD!

°°°

Dealana nearly dropped the clock piece when it started glowing. The pungent smell of ancient magic was one thing when it remained inactive. She really didn't want to have to deal with old ancient magic when it decided it was ready to wake up from its nap. 

"Well that's not ominous at all." drawled Gray sarcastically. He stared at the clock piece before he eventually noticed Dealana's expression. She looked out of it, her eyes clouded as a sudden breeze came out of nowhere and rustled their hair and clothes. "Hey, Dealana, you okay?"

She shook herself out of it, blinking rapidly as the normal fierceness returned to her heterochromatic eyes. "Eh? Yeah... yeah, I'm good."

"You don't sound very convincing." remarked Lyon, who raised a skeptical brow.