𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 // how things should be

( Chapter 5 - How Things Should Be )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THREE YEARS AFTER TENROU DISAPPEARED

Dealana leapt backwards, conjuring a cloud to launch herself higher into the air and avoid the poisonous gas being emitted by her opponent. The toxic mist came closer and closer to the dragon slayer with the intent of preventing her from touching the ground.

Not that it mattered really. Dealana felt at home in the air, her body moving and weaving through the air as if she were a ribbon of the storm. In those moments, she felt so free and alive with lightning buzzing through her veins.

"Dealana, you're absolutely amazing with aerial combat, you know that?"

The sky-blunette touched base on a cloud as Kinana drew her magic back and allowed it to dissipate harmlessly into the air. "Thanks for the compliment, but your proficiency in magic shouldn't be ignored either." She pointed out as she flopped onto her cloud, laying on her back and peering at the former snake upside down.

"This is how it should be," Kinana said with a contented sigh as they relaxed after their sparing match. "Queens supporting queens."

"Damn straight," Dealana agreed reaching an arm out of fist bump the poison mage in training. "Thanks for agreeing to spar with me. I needed this."

"Of course!"

"Hey, Kinana," Dealana began thoughtfully. She bit her lip, her brows furrowing as she pondered whether or not she was making the right decision. "Do you remember how I meet a friend every couple weeks?"

Kinana thought about it, tilting her head before she nodded happily. "Yeah, the one you play cards with, right? You keep saying how much you want me to meet him."

"Would you want to maybe meet him? Not in person at first, but kind of like a penpal?" She asked as she nervously played with one of the many bracelets on her arm, refusing to meet Kinana's green eyes. When her friend began giggling behind her palm, Dealana turned to look at her with a bewildered expression. "What are you laughing at?" 

"It's amazing how composed you can be when you're fighting or angry, but goodness, sometimes you're just so awkward." Kinana grinned, falling into another fit of giggles. Dealana sputtered, a faint embarrassed blush spreading across her face.

"H—Hey!"

°°°

"Where were you two this afternoon?" Macao asked curiously as Kinana and Dealana began taking care of the lunch dishes. There were far fewer with less members, but they also no longer had the same utilities, not with their new guild hall.