𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 // a storm homeward bound

// AHOY! Thank you so much for 10k reads!! It really means a lot to see that you all are enjoying this book and it definitely gets me more inspired to keep writing it! Enjoy chapter eight!

( Chapter 8 - A Storm Homeward Bound )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SIX YEARS SINCE TENROU ISLAND DISAPPEARED

When Kinana entered the guild hall that fateful morning, ready to set out and accomplish the morning chores before preparing breakfast for any guild members that trickled in without having grabbed something to eat, she certainly hadn't been expecting the sight in front of her. It was a welcome sight and one that she'd been waiting to see for three years, but... it was incredibly odd and amusing. Kinana almost didn't know what to do at first.

Swaddled in one of Laxus' fuzzy-trimmed coats and crammed in one of the cubby-shelves below the bar in what looked like a shockingly comfortable position was none other than Dealana and her exceed partner, Camarin, sleeping peacefully. 

Fairy Tail's Tempest had come home (and of course Camarin too).

At first, Kinana nearly had a heart attack, the sight of two someones sleeping in the guild hall—specifically in a nook under the bar—wasn't the usual and it startled the purple-haired employee. Her second reaction had been the desire to scream and whack the sleeping dragon slayer and exceed before she realized who they were and stopped herself. The third reaction, and the one she acted upon, had been to crouch down and envelop Dealana and Camarin in an awkward—but very much loving—'welcome home' hug.

"We didn't die," Dealana sleepily mumbled without opening her eyes after Kinana had pulled away, still crouched beside them, smiling happily. "I missed home..."

"Your home and family missed you too," Kinana replied softly. "both of you."

"Yay!" The sky-blunette cheered with as must slurred enthusiasm as she could with the level of exhaustion she and Camarin were still feeling.

Kinana laughed before standing up and getting to work. Now that Dealana and Camarin were back home after almost three years, she decided a breakfast feast was in order. The heavenly smell of food, especially the food from home that Dealana constantly missed while on her travels, wafted into the air and lulled dragon slayer and exceed from their slumbers. 

Watching Dealana shuffle and struggle blindly to escape the nook she'd crammed herself and Camarin in was so amusing, Kinana almost burned a pancake or two. Almost.

"DEALANA?!" The sky-blunette, still only moderately functional, whirled around at the exclamation of her name and found a boy around twelve with longish dark purple hair and wide dark eyes, starring at her in surprise.