𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 // the return home

( Chapter 3 - The Return Home )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SIX MONTHS AFTER TENROU ISLAND DISAPPEARED

"How long do you think she's going to stand there being all overdramatic?" Gavin asked in a hushed whisper as he and Cress stared at the figure of someone standing at edge of a mountain cliffside. They continued observing Dealana from within the shadows under some trees, but she only continued to gaze out over the expanse.

Makani Roselyn stood a little farther behind Dealana with his arms crossed. She'd come a long way with her magic in just about half a year. Six months. It had already been six months since Lahar and Mest came into the Fairy Tail guild hall announcing that Tenrou Island had been destroyed.

"You think they realize that I can hear them?" Dealana spoke up, glancing out of the corner of her eye at Makani. She'd come to respect the tempest mage after he spent a good amount of time training her and dealing with her depressed rage. "Gavin and Cress think they're being all sneaky-like, watching me from the shadows."

"I doubt they remember your dragon slayer hearing, but you are looking rather cinematic at the moment." The dirty blond replied with an amused smirk.

Dealana chuckled in response, a sudden small gust sweeping passed them and tugged on her sky-blue braids. She turned back to take in the breath-taking view before slowly raising her hands to her hairbands. Her fingers made quick work of the rubber bands and soon her hair unfurled into a cascade of sky-blue waves.

"Seriously, what is she doing?" Gavin wondered, watching Dealana's actions in confusion. In a flash, everything changed. It was a blurry but fluid motion, and they didn't realize what she'd done until her long hair began to flow away in the wind. In her extended hand, the sunlight glinted off of a small blade. 

"I was not expecting that." Cress mused with wide eyes.

"How's that for being overdramatic?" Dealana called over her shoulder, her lips curling into one of the first genuine grins she'd sported in quite some time.

Makani slapped a hand over his mouth to keep from bursting out in laughter.

"She's insane. I'm calling it now." Gavin stated, raising his hand and nodding. "Stormy is officially insane."

Dealana sighed, shaking her head. Though, she couldn't hide the amused smile or the huff of laughter that followed. She'd come a long way and now it was time to return home, to Fairy Tail.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and glanced up to meet Makani's warm smile. "I've got to head back to the tribe, but feel free to stop by for a sparing match anytime you need to let off some steam. I'm here for you, okay?"