𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘 // everything is escalating

━━━AHOY! Looong chapter, this one. Though I don't think it's quite as long as the Magic Ball chapter, so perhaps longish. I hope you enjoy!

( Chapter 22 - Everything is Escalating )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

X791

RETURNING TO FAIRY TAIL, they relayed all the events transpired with the clock hunt to those who'd stayed behind. Dealana hadn't expected everyone else's groups to be as slightly dysfunctional as hers had been, surprisingly.

(She really should have though; they were all a mess.)

No one was happy when the Oración Seis' revival, and newly revealed role in this whole mess, got brought up either. They were sort of banking on not hearing that name again, or at least not until Cobra served his time and got to be Erik again, finally and properly meeting the human form of his best friend. Though the second part was only Dealana hoping for that.

Turns out, Cobra was still an asshole. Respectably loyal to his comrades, but still an asshole.

Likely due to Fairy Tail's involvement in their initial arrest seven years back, Makarov was summoned along with the rest of the wizard saints, because apparently the Magic Council welcomed him back despite being presumed dead for seven years.

(At this point, the Magic Council had no right to complain, but they were also assholes and would proceed to do so.)

"While we were asleep for seven years, they got a whole lot stronger," Gray said, words laced with the bitterness of defeat.

"We were so utter hopeless against them this last time." Carla added, nursing a cup of tea.

"Sorry, I'm the one to blame for all of this," Michelle apologized to Lucy. 

"Please don't be so hard on yourself." Lucy placed a comforting hand on Michelle's shoulder. "My dad dumped all this crazy stuff on us and expected us to figure it out without any explanation."

Wendy's doe eyes lit up as she turned to Lucy. "I have a question. Do you know how your dad would have gotten his hands on a clock piece," she paused, brows furrowing for a moment. "or actually, how he would have gotten himself involved with all of this infinity clock business in the first place?"

Lucy frowned, shooting the girl a look of defeat. "No clue, unfortunately."

"That mystery can be solved at a later time, our highest priority at the moment is locating the members of the Oración Seis," Erza interjected, arms crossed as she addressed everyone. "and from there, recover the infinity clock."