cardigan

A/N: PLEASE READ❗️ okay so, there will be 3 parts to this and it'll be from each persons point of view, if you would like listen to "cardigan", "betty", and "august" all by Taylor Swift to get some pre knowledge.

SUMMARY: Reader is Spencers girlfriend who is younger, she's always had an insecurity that he would leave her for someone his own age

SUMMARY: Reader is Spencers girlfriend who is younger, she's always had an insecurity that he would leave her for someone his own age. Spencer cheats on her with his long time best friend.

Vintage tee, brand new phone
High heels on cobblestones
When you are young, they assume you know nothing

I put one of my old t-shirts over my head, I searched for this shirt for quite a while. I got used to wearing Spencer's clothes, but now even the smell of it makes me want to break down.

Sequin smile, black lipstick
Sensual politics
When you are young, they assume you know nothing

Spencer is known for being above average in well pretty much everything. It was hard too keep up with him since I was younger and not as smart as him. I always thought one day he would leave me for someone smarter and older. He said he doesn't know what I was talking about. I don't know if he said that because I was younger or because he genuinely didn't know.

But I knew you
Dancin' in your Levi's
Drunk under a streetlight, I
I knew you
Hand under my sweatshirt
Baby, kiss it better, I

It hurts more than i'd ever imagine. I knew him. I know Spencer. Dancing in his Levi's, drunk under a streetlight. He wasn't one to dance, but for me he did. I knew him. Hand under my sweatshirt. Baby, kiss it better. On our first date, we ended up doing "it" in his car. That same night we told each other about our pasts.

And when I felt like I was an old cardigan
Under someone's bed
You put me on and said I was your favorite

I told him how I felt. My whole life I felt useless. He came and he helped me. He made me feel something other than sadness and rage for once. He made me feel loved, happy, and excited. Excited just to live.

A friend to all is a friend to none
Chase two girls, lose the one
When you are young, they assume you know nothin'

I should've known, the second she looked at me I could tell she didn't like me. Spencer told me I was crazy. Of course I listened to him. He's so much older, so much smarter.

But I knew you
Playing hide-and-seek and
Giving me your weekends, I
I knew you
Your heartbeat on the High Line
Once in 20 lifetimes, I
And when I felt like I was an old cardigan
Under someone's bed
You put me on and said I was your favorite

He said I made him feel like a teenager in love, he said he loved me more than he's ever loved anything. Obviously it was a lie. But why would he do all the stuff he did if he didn't really love me. He took time off of work for me. He loves work. He loves it a lot.

To kiss in cars and downtown bars
Was all we needed
You drew stars around my scars
But now I'm bleedin'

We kissed in cars, went to downtown bars. We were all each other needed. He told me he loved me. I was his "star" I was the "light in his life". You don't hurt the light of your life. You don't do this to someone who you praise for being the person who "saved" you.

Cause I knew you
Steppin' on the last train
Marked me like a bloodstain, I
I knew you
Tried to change the ending
Peter losing Wendy, I
I knew you
Leavin' like a father
Running like water, I
And when you are young, they assume you know nothing

I don't understand. Why would he do this. He hurt me because of what? Was I not good enough? Maybe I was right. Maybe he needed someone older. Her marked me like a bloodstain.

He tried to makeup for hit but it's not easy. He told me it was a mistake but was it? No. It wasn't. He knew what he was doing. He doesn't care. But throughout this situation the one thing I can think about is my situation with my father.

My dad cheated on my mom when I was younger, he got the girl pregnant and left to raise the baby with her. It doesn't matter if he didn't love my mom anymore, I was still there. I was still taking damage. It wasn't only my mom who he was hurting. But he didn't care. Men don't care.

Spencer thinks i'm too young to know anything. I'm not stupid.

But I knew you'd linger like a tattoo kiss
I knew you'd haunt all of my what-ifs
The smell of smoke would hang around this long
'Cause I knew everything when I was young
I knew I'd curse you for the longest time

But he lingers, all the memories are still there. They still hurt. They still burn. All I can think to myself is what if something else happened. What if I never found out. What if he never did that.

His scent still hangs around my room. I cant even go in. I'm sitting in a corner of my living room trying to forget. I just cant. Why cant I.

He thinks I don't know anything because i'm young.

I know everything, because i'm young.

Chasin' shadows in the grocery line
I knew you'd miss me once the thrill expired
And you'd be standin' in my front porch light
And I knew you'd come back to me
You'd come back to me
And you'd come back to me
And you'd come back

I try to avoid him the best I can. Run away when I see him. Hide when it's his day off.

Knock Knock Knock.

I go out to check who it is. It's probably someone arriving to my party. My best friend threw me one because I was upset, but all I can think about is him.

Spencer. There he is.

I knew he would miss me once the thrill expired.
I knew he would be standing there at my front door.
I knew he would come back to me.

And when I felt like I was an old cardigan
Under someone's bed
You put me on and said I was your favorite

What is going to happen. What is this going to bring.