get along

SUMMARY: spencer introduces his girlfriend to his daughter

WORD COUNT. 1.9K
TYPE: angst/fluff.

"What if she doesn't like me" I anxiously tell Spencer. He puts his hand on my thigh giving it a small squeeze. "She'll love you" he says. He sounds unsure. All I know is that he told her about me, we've been dating for 10 months. Which is almost a year. I haven't met his daughter yet because he wanted to make sure she was ready and that she was okay with him moving on from her mother.

I don't know much about his ex, just that they were extremely toxic and didn't work out. I know a lot about his daughter though. I've seen so many pictures of her, she looks just like Spencer, just with darker skin. Her name is Alex, Spencer chose it. He told me about how she had a hard time with identity. With all the things that goes on in this world she's confused on where she stands. She's mixed, half white half black.

I understand being confused with identity. Mine wasn't racial though, it was more of a sexuality thing. I think i'm pretty good at giving advice. Maybe I can help her.

She got Spencer's brains. She's very smart. She's only sixteen, she's supposed to be in college but Spencer wanted to keep her in her grade because he doesn't want her to feel out of place like he did when he was younger. And plus i'm sure Alex didn't want to leave her friends.

Spencer was worried about keeping her in her grade. Everything came easy to her, he didn't want her to loose work ethic because of it. He wants her to be challenged. Spencer gives her college work that actually makes her use her brain more. Spencer tries to challenge her as best as he can. He said he always wants her brain to be working.

We finally arrive at Spencer's house. I start to feel even more nervous. Oh god. I start breathing hard. Spencer takes notice and holds my hand. "Hey, don't worry." he tells me before kissing my forehead. I slowly walk up to his front porch. He gets out his keys putting them to the door. I stop him. "Wait" I say not wanting to go in just yet. He gives me a confused look. "Do we have to do this?" I nervously say. "We can just wait another ten months right?" I let out a nervous laugh. "No we can not" he puts his key into the doorknob. "Wait Spence" I say once again.

"Yes Y/n" he turns your way, raising his eyebrows. "She's going to hate me" I sigh. I feel defeated, I haven't even walked in. "No she's not" he shakes his head obviously annoyed. "But Spencer shes sixteen. She's a teenager. Teenagers hate everyone!" I defend.

"Babe calm down please" he says sighing. I frown. He's mad at me now.

As if he can read my mind he begins to speak. "I know that face, i'm not mad at you" he engulfs me in a hug and kisses my forehead softly. "Good" I mumble against his shirt.

"Okay i'm ready" I say.

I wasn't ready. Not at all.

He unlocks the door. Alex runs up to him. "Dad you're home!" she hugs him. Her hair was long, in a braid. She had her makeup done, just light makeup. Spencer let her do makeup but he said he didn't like it when she wore makeup everyday. Not because he was being an asshole, just because he says some chemicals in makeup brands can ruin skin or something like that I honestly don't know. I can remember everything he says sometimes.