call it what you want

sorta based off of this lyric: i'm laughing with my lover, making forts under covers
WORD COUNT: 1.1K
TYPE: fluff

"Spencer" I laugh. "What are you doing" I look over at him and my toddler. They were painting on the walls of our bedroom. "What?" he has some paint on his nose. "Mommy look what daddy and I painted" she points to the family that looked like us. "It's great honey but daddy and I need to talk real quick can you go watch cartoons?" she nods and leaves.

Spencer avoided eye contact with me knowing I wasn't totally okay with them painting on the walls of our bedroom. "Babe I just got our room repainted" I frown. He sits on the bad and grabs my arm pulling me towards him. "I know love I know. But I cant say no to her" he says looking up at me pouting. "Yes you can Spence. You're her dad you need to be able to say no sometimes"

He shakes his head and his wild hair becomes even more messy. "No I cant. She's too cute" he smiles. "Well you could've at least made her do it in her room instead of ours." Spencer thinks for a second and then shakes his head in disapproval of the idea. "No, we have green paint and her room is lavender. Green and lavender don't go together" he states. I shake my head in disbelief. "I love you so much but you're crazy sometimes" I kiss his head softly.

"Mommy, daddy come hurry" Spencer and I both rush to the living room, hearts racing scared something happened. We get to the living room and Winter is sitting there perfectly fine. Spencer catches his breath putting a hand over his heart. "Winter, you got to stop yelling like that you scare daddy sometimes" he says sitting on the couch with her.

I take a seat next to Spencer and lean my head into his shoulder. "Mommy I want to make a fort just like the one on tv" she says pointing at the show. Both Spencer and Winter look over at me with puppy dog eyes. "Okay we can make a fort but promise not to paint on the walls anymore okay? Can you promise." Winter nods and smiles agreeing to the promise. "Okay go get blankets and pillows from your room and daddy and I will get some from ours" she runs to her room.

Spencer and I grab about 3 blankets and a couple pillows. Spencer sets up the fort and Winter screams. "Yay! Daddy, mommy let's go in now" she smiles grabbing our arms and pulls us in. Winter and I sit comfortably, Spencer's taller than both of us so he's a little hunched. "Daddy I forgot bunny can you go get him for me. He's in my room" she tells him. Once he leaves, Winter pulls me close. "Okay I didn't actually forget bunny. When daddy comes back let's scare him" she whispers. Yup that's my child. I laugh.

"Okay let's do that."

"I couldn't find bunny. I'm Sorry" Spencer says entering the tent. "Wait where are you guys" I look over at Winter and give her a nod. She jumped on him. "Boo" I yell. "Ahh" he screams. "You guys scared me." he says.

We all laugh.

The day goes on and soon it's night. We have dinner. Then we have some desert, funfetti cake, Winter's favorite. Then we took Winter a bath. Then we started to get her ready for bed. "Mommy can we all sleep in the fort." Winter asks. "Okay if you want too"

She giggles and runs to the fort. Spencer's sitting on the couch. "Daddy come to sleep with me and mommy i'm the fort" she laughs again. Spencer raises his eyebrows at me. He walks up to me and whispers "You promised we would do stuff after she fell asleep tonight" he frowned. "I know but I couldn't say no to her" I smile.

We get into the tent and Winter lies in between us. "Daddy tell me a bed time story" she says cuddling up to him. "Okay love"

He starts telling her a story about a princess who fights off a dragon and saves the kingdom. Winter claps at the end of the story and giggles. "Mommy, daddy, can I have a brother or sister" she asks.

My eyes widen and I look to Spencer. We've discussed it before but we weren't sure if Winter would want a sibling. I guess this is the confirmation.

"Really? You want a sibling?" Spencer asks. Most siblings would probably not want a sibling and get jealous of the attention they get.

"Yes!" she smiles.

"You know if you get a sibling daddy and I have to take care of them a lot and give them a lot of attention and we might not be able to give you as much until the baby is olde enough" I say.

"I will help you with the baby mommy. I promise." she says. I look over to Spencer and smile.

"Okay daddy and I will talk about it and then we'll see okay?" Winter nods. "Goodnight mommy. Goodnight daddy."

Spencer and I say goodnight to our daughter. "I can't believe she wants a sibling" I laugh. "Yeah me too"

"So should we" I look over to Spencer and hold his hand. "I can't say no to her. So yes. We should start trying for another baby"

I smile big and lean over to kiss Spencer. "Does this mean we can finally get married?" I ask quietly. Marriage was a touchy subject for me. He knew how my parents were and how it scared me of marriage but I couldn't be more positive that this is the person I want to be with forever.

He grabs my hand and brings me out of the fort. "What are you doing" I laugh. He goes into the cabinets and doesn't return for a bit of time.

He got on one knee. "Y/n L/n. Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me and I promise I will get you a real ring as soon as possible" he holds a ring pop out to me. "Yes Spencer i'll marry you".

He gets up and kisses me passionately. He slides the ring pop on my finger which was slightly too small since i'm a full grown person. I laugh and lick the ring pop. "Mmmm blue raspberry my favorite" I smile. "Only the best for the love of my life" he gives me a peck on my lips. "You're my favorite person. Do you know that?"

He nods. "You tell me that often" he says hugging me. "Well you are and you're my forever. You, Winter, and whatever kids we have in the future you guys are my forever"

He cries softly. "I love you so much Y/n"

"I love you more"