Chapter 1: The Beginning

Reminder: Please read description before reading the story.

No one's POV

Tanjiro came to a place filled with shopping malls, tall buildings and people. He had a mission there but he couldn't do it with Zenitsu and Inosuke since they were toooooooo tired from the last battle. He couldn't bring Nezuko either because she would be in danger.

Tanjiro walked and walked. His mission was to observe the area if there was any strong demon. Later, he became hungry and tired. He decided to find a hotel and rest there. However, all of the hotels were full so Tanjiro decided to rest on a bench.

Muzan's POV

It was midnight and I was walking in an empty street. Then, I saw a demon slayer was sleeping on a bench in the park. I walked up to him and saw his earrings. I remembered him. He was the first demon slayer who found me. He was kind and brave who I was always looked for. I was lonely and I needed someone like him to accompany me. I put my hand on his cheek.

Tanjiro's POV

I felt a hand on my face and I woke up. I saw a black hair demon in front of me. "Muzan Kibutsuji!!!" I yelled. I tried to pull my sword out, but the next second, he said, "I will kill you if you pull your sword out." And I stopped. "What do you want!?" I kept yelling at him. "Shhhh...I just wanna to talk to you." "Just...talk?" I said. "Yes." He said and sat on the other side of the bench. "Tanjiro..." He said softly. "What?" I asked. "Do you know that demons are very lonely?" He said, "Although I have a wife and children, I felt that I cannot give attraction to them. They will leave me afterward." I looked at his pale face. Indeed, I smelled loneliness from him. I wanted to comfort him but my mind told me that he was my enemy. He didn't deserve my comfort. "So...what do you want me to do?" I asked. "I want your accompany." He looked at me gently and said. "W-what? Why m-me?" I was shocked. He smiled and answered, "Because you are special, Tanjiro. You can give people warmth like the sun." "I-I..." I was speechless. "You don't need to give me the answer now. I will wait for you." He said. "By the way, sleeping on the bench is dangerous. Why don't you come to my home and take a rest?" "B-but..." "Relax, I won't hurt you." He smiled. "O-ok...thanks..." I said quietly.

When we were walking, I asked, "Are your family at your house?" "No, they went on a vacation." "Oh..." I sighed. After a while, we have arrived. "Wow! This is your house? It is sooo big!" I said with excitement. He smiled and leaded me to a guest room. "This is the place where you will sleep." He said. "Thanks..." I put down my sword on a desk but I didn't let my guard down. "You can also use the bathroom." He continued. "Ok." Then, I went to the bathroom.

No one's POV

After taking a shower, Tanjiro went back to his room and fell asleep. The next day, he said goodbye to Muzan and left.

Tanjiro's POV

I couldn't believe that Muzan didn't hurt me but let me stay with him peacefully. I kept thinking about him while I was walking to my next destination. Suddenly, I heard someone yelling my name. "Tanjiro!!!" It was Zenitsu and Inosuke. "Zenitsu? Inosuke? Why are you here? Aren't you in the butterfly mansion?" "We have recovered!" Zenitsu said. "Kentaro! Fight me!" Inosuke shouted. I yelled back, "Stop shouting and my name is Tanjiro!" I sighed and asked, "Zenitsu, how about Nezuko? Is she doing well?" "Emm...the pillars said that it is the best for her to stay there since she may be in danger." Zenitsu answered. "Oh, ok! Let's keep going then. It is getting dark." And, we continued walking.

-------------------------------

To be continued...

Word count: 683