18

Imagine: It's your and Harley's anniversary, and Harley tries baking you something

It was your and Harley's one-year anniversary, and while you were at work, Harley thought she would be a wonderful girlfriend and bake a cake for you. So she went to the store and bought, stole, the ingredients. Once she got home, she immediately got started since she noticed the time, and you were coming home soon. She began to put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix everything together. Soon the batter was ready to be put in the oven.

She stepped away for a second to get a pan, and when she came back, the bowl was on the floor, and she saw Bruce eating the batter. She panicked, "Bruce, no!" Bruce immediately jumped from his spot and left. Harley looked at the mess and shook her head; she knew something like this would happen. Good thing she "bought" extra ingredients just in case. She began the whole process once more and made sure Bruce didn't get near the cake.

She put the cake in the oven and waited for it to finish. While she waited, she decided to tidy up the place a bit, when she realized, "OH MY GOD, I FORGOT ABOUT DINNER!" Rushing, she ran out of the house to get you two dinner, forgetting about the cake. She ran to the restaurant and brought you both plates of spaghetti. She ran back to your guys' apartment and smelled something burning, the cake. She ran inside and took the cake out. It was burnt, she left the door open as there was some smoke. There was no use in trying again; you would be home in less than five minutes.

She fell to the floor and cried; she had failed to do a small, simple task. She was so distracted she didn't hear you come in. You ran to her side, "Harley, baby, what's wrong?" I turned my face to her, even worried she looked gorgeous as always. "I tried baking you a cake; I left to get us dinner and completely forgot that it was in the oven. It burnt while I was out; I'm so sorry." She pulled me into a hug, "Harley, it's ok, I promise. It's the thought that counts; thank you for baking me something." I hugged her back; what did I do to deserve her?

"Besides, I figured something like this would happen, so picked us up a cake for dessert." I laughed; she knows me so well. "Come on, let's set up dinner; I'm hungry." We set up dinner and had a glass of champagne. When we both finished dinner, we shared the cake. "Happy Anniversary, mi amor!" I smiled and kissed her, "Happy Anniversary, Puddin!"