4

Imagine: You help Harley after she has a nightmare about Joker

You woke up to Harley screaming, “NO! Don't hurt me, please! I promise I'll be better, J, please.” You tried shaking her, “Harley, baby, wake up!” She whimpered, “No, don't hurt her; she's my everything. I'll do anything; please don't hurt her!” You finally shook her hard enough and shouted, “HARLEY!”

She woke up and hugged me and started crying into my shoulder, “Oh, thank God, you're okay.” I held her until she calmed down a bit, “Baby, what happened?” She looked up, and all I saw was my beautiful girl who looked so broken and lost I couldn't handle it; I hated seeing her like this. “I-he-i-” “Hey, hey, look at me, look at me, breathe, ok? I'm right here; take your time.”

She nodded and was finally ready to talk, “I was having a nightmare that J was hitting me because i-i didn't do something right, and I screwed up his plan. So he started hurting me, but you were there with me, you tried to stop him, but he wouldn't budge. Then when he got tired of me, he started to hurt you. I tried to stop him, but I couldn't. And it got me thinking, what if I couldn't protect you! What if you get hurt because of me? I could never live with myself if that happened!”

“Baby, you are a strong, independent woman who I love and adore. You don't need to worry about that; we are both capable of depending on ourselves and each other, and trust me when I say, I will never ever, let him get your hands on you again. I promise; I love you.” She leaned in and kissed me, “I love you too.”