⚔️ Chapter 2 ⚔️

"You may raise your head, my child."

I raised my head to look at my master. My hazel hair tied neatly behind my back with the pin my father gave to me when I was young, was dangling in the center. My unique orange eyes shine like Citrine under the sun.

I am a splitting image of my twin brother, Shoyo Hinata, but with opposite eye and hair colors.

Our personalities we're as different as night and day. While Hinata was more energetic and outgoing, I was reticent and calm.
He was more expressive in his feelings and words and was companionable, but I was the opposite of all that and I was more distant rather than friendly.
He liked playing and satisfying his short-term pleasures such as playing volleyball while I was more studious and focuses on long-term goals. He was careless but free, while I was obedient but restrained.

Keyword: I was. Now I can express more and can make acquaintances easily thanks to the help of Oyakata-sama and the Hashiras.

But despite our difference, it didn't separate us but rather created a stronger bond between us.

"I greet my master, Oyakata-sama. What was the reason why you called me so urgently?" I asked.

"My child, don't push yourself too much. You still have not recovered from your last mission." Oyakata-sama said.

I manage to save a small town in the mountains a few days ago. I was careless for a second and that cost me a major injury in my abdomen, a sprained shoulder, a few bruises decorated in my body, and a huge, deep slash on my back.

"Don't worry Oyakata-sama, Im slowly recovering from my minor injuries so I should be able to go back in a week at least." I gave him a 'shinobu' like smile.

"*Sigh you were always a stubborn child," he chuckled.

"I called you here so we can discuss your next assignment. As we know, demons are slowly rising and the deaths of humans have increased rapidly. But recently they have quiet down, and we feared they might have changed their goals or perhaps even their targets.

And I fear it might be one of the families who supported the demon slayer corps for generations." Hearing this, you gripped your haori as your eyes widen in fear.

Mom, nii-chan, natsu...

"It may seem that my words bring bad news, however," he smiled warmly at me.

"Shiyu, when was the last time you've seen or at least contacted your family?"

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. Once I found my voice I answered.

"F-four years-"

He smiled sadly, "Child, you should have spent your childhood with your family but you spent those precious years in the battlefields where you're constantly exposed to danger, especially life-threatening ones but never have you showed any fear not hesitation in front of your comrades.

To compensate those years, I bring you good news. You'll return to your hometown Miyagi-"

"WHAT!?", You screamed in shock forgetting all your manners in front of your master.

He nod, "you heard me right. I give you my permission to return to your family."

"B-but what about the demons?" You asked, still in disbelief of what you heard.

"Even if you are with your family, you will still continue doing your job as a demon slayer I'm afraid. You will be patrolling those parts at night. Though I hope you take it easy seeing that your still recovering." He chuckled