⚔ Chapter 7 ️⚔️

"What is she doing here?" I heard Tsukishima muttered.

"I am your homeroom teacher, Shio Rika.  I'm sure the principal already told you that," I nodded as she let out a welcoming smile.

"Alright Hinata, you can sit beside Tsukishima. Tsukishima, please raise your hand oh-" she stopped to look over me, forgetting that I couldn't see.

"I mean," she coughed, hiding her embarrassment,"Tsukishima, please guide Hinata to her seat," Tsukishima groaned as he rose up from his seat, making his way to the front.

"Oh it's alright Shio-sensei, I can walk-" before I could finish, I  felt a presence in front of me as  two fingers coiled around my other two as he gently led me towards my new seat, complaining under his breath.

Walking towards the back row, the whispers were much louder than before.

"Who is she?"

"Is she really blind?"

"What a pity."

"Hinata? Is she related to Hinata Shoyo from class?"

"No way!"

"What's that on her other hand?"

I could blocked their voices as we reached my desk. Before Tsukishima could let go, we heard someone calling his name out.

"Tsukishima, I'll leave Hinata in your care so please guide her," Tsukishima let out a distasteful groaned as he roughly placed my hand on the table and went back to his seat.

Thought the impact wasn't hard, I rubbed my hand and groaned as I placed my bag and a rectangular case on the floor then I slumped against my seat.

"Everyone settle down," tapping the chalk against the black board, Shio-sensei brought all their attention back to her.

"I hope you guys treat the same you all treat each other, maybe with a bit special more special care." Followed by choirs of understanding, Shio-sensei went back to what she was discussing earlier.

Resting my cheek at the side of my palm, I tried to listen to her discussion while fighting the drowsiness I was feeling. Her peaceful voice explains Newton's law of universal gravitation which didn't help at all.

Neither confirming nor denying anything, most the staff of the school assume that I was blind and some doubted after seeing how I could walk perfectly fine without bumping into anything.

My bloodline has been blessed with a particular sense, some might even call it a sixth sense but unlike what the articles that were published, it isn't close to what a sixth sense is.

A sixth sense is basically all the 5 sense formed into one. My 5 senses are sharper than an average human except it can't sniff out emotions like Tanjiro's, hear something from a far distance like Zenitsu or have a sensitive skin like Inosuke.

Like a recalling a distant memory, where I can't see the exact details, like hair color or the structure of their faces but can perfectly picture out their movements. I can feel their body temperatures, their expressions, their feelings, at least for now.

Many of my ancestors testified that it's like seeing the world from a different aspect. Similar but different, fascinating but mysterious at the same time.

The only disadvantage is that it takes a lot of years of consistent training. I have trained this since the day I began training as a demon slayer but up until now I'm no where halfway there.

And at the moment I rely mostly at the air around me. As someone moves their hand or furrows their eyebrows, I can feel the air around it as it goes around that certain thing allowing me to picture them perfectly. Things like the text prin or the design of the shirt, things that air can't really go around but rather through, I can't 'see' those things.