⚔️ Chapter 16 ⚔️

[A/N: Originally, I planned on making Shiyu an assistant manager and... kick out Yachi from this story. But then I found out that there’s a position called ‘assistant coach’ so I decided to reinstate Yachi :)). To those who wondered where she was in the previous chaps, it will be mentioned in this chap so enjoy my loves (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤]

 To those who wondered where she was in the previous chaps, it will be mentioned in this chap so enjoy my loves (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤]

“Shiyu?” She snapped from her shocked state.

“Are you okay? You look pale?” Daichi asked but I shrugged him off.

“Oh, I’m fine. I was just…surprised that’s all.” A small facade smile plastered on her face, hiding the shocked state she was in. ” I’m sorry for startling everyone,” She bowed slightly, and bit her thumbs as she rose up.

Noya grabbed her suitcase and handed it back to her. Shiyu gratefully accepted it and now had to find a logical reason behind her shocked state.

“Oh, actually I…I..." Dragging the sentences, she struggled to find a sensible excuse and said the first thing that pop into her head. “I’m a huge fan of your mom’s work! The clothes she makes are really comfortable,” Her smile twitched ever so slightly, complimenting herself for the good excuse she came up with.

“O-oh is that so?” Yachhi looked taken aback, probably nt expecting for Shiyu to know her mom.

Shiyu nodded, but not in a way an enthusiastic person would. “And to be in the same team as her daughter, it’s really a dream come true.”

“E-EH?! It’s not that much…” Shiyu started to feel sorry for lying. Yachi was really flustered and was nervous to the point where she had no idea what was going on.

“I’m sorry for scaring you and everyone. I was taken aback when I heard Yachi-san's name," She bowed apologetically.

“Ah, don’t worry I won’t try to get close to you just because you’re my favorite designer's daughter,” She looked at Yachi and gave a smile that was wider than her usual grin. It was the least she can do for lying.

“That’s right Shiyu is not that shallow,” Tanaka placed an arm around Shiyu.

“She’s really cool and so is Yachi!” Nishinoya did the same with Yachi.

Yachi wanted to deny but someone interrupt him from behind.

“Oh, Yachi. You’re back!” Shoyo hurried towards them, leaving Tsukishima and Yamaguchi. He halted at Tanaka and he released Shiyu then he got behind Shiyu and rested his arms on her shoulders.

“How’s your business trip with your mom?” He asked with his usual smile plastered on his face.

“It was great! The beaches in the Philippines were amazing and beautiful. Though the trip took longer than we thought,” she scratched the back of her head, chuckling nervously.