⚔️ Chapter 4 ⚔️

Few days before:

Shiyu's POV

"What?!" Hinata jumped off the chair he was sitting and stared at me weirdly. "Why do you want to be blindfolded?" He couldn't understand as he racked his brain to find a valid reason why I said this but failed.

"Let me explain," I took a deep breath then exhaled.

"We both know I have an excellent eyesight, that even the fastest of movements I could see clearly. But my other senses lack training and that's what is holding me back.

I learned from a fellow demon slayers, Tanjiro Kamado who has a great sense of smell and Zenitsu Agatsuma , who's hearing is better than a dogs. They both rely more on their other sense rather than eyesight and it has proven so many times how it's more efficient than sight."

I placed my hand on where my heart is, "If I could master using their senses, I can advance my techniques and save more." I said as with convictions.

"But for how long?" I managed to convinced.

With a determined look you replied, "For as long as it takes."

Though it is one way to bring my breath techniques to a while new level, the2 main reason I wanted to conceal my eyes was because I cannot lie with my eyes. They say that the lips can deceive everyone but the eyes cannot lie, and that is true. My eyes are the window to my soul. Seeing them would only make everything more complicated.

Another because I would didn't want the world to know about your relation with my brother. Not because I despise him, rather the pity the will give to them if ever I join my father one day.

 Not because I despise him, rather the pity the will give to them if ever I join my father one day

Present:

I walked around the neighborhood trying to navigate and memorize my way through the houses.

Though the darkness envelopes my eyes and mind, the blazing sun embraces my soft and fair skin. The melodic sound of the bird's chirp and the breezy cool wind greets me as it blew through my unkept, messy hair

I enjoyed this quiet peaceful walk till I heard a familiar voice of a person who threatened me days before my arrival at Miyagi.

"You..." I felt an unpleasant feeling as I turned around and peeked through my blindfold to see murderous eyes of my swordsmith staring at me.

"Ohayo Kaeomono-san-" I felt something move towards me. I grabbed what felt like a dagger and the warm oozing blood started flowing down.

"That was supposed to hit your skull!" He whined as you carefully placed the dagger behind you, wincing from the pain in your hand.

During my last expedition, I accidentally broke the katana when I was saving a little girl who was trapped in a burning house.

When he received a letter saying I needed a new sword, he sent a bunch of death threatening letters saying he wouldn't do it but Oyakata-sama managed to convince him to.