Chapter Fifteen: The Proposal

***ARIX POV***

I couldn’t believe what I heard come from my own lips…was I really ready for this? Was I ready for the consequences of what was about to happen? I decided that it was worth it…in three weeks the adoption center would be open…and hopefully the children would easily be adopted. I figured, now wasn’t the time to tell Stark someone had already asked about three of the five of the babies…and my thoughts transferred to Stark.

“Are you sure you’re ready for this?” He asked—I give him a frisky smile and his eyes leap from his face, with eager written all over it.

******************************************************

"That was fantastic" I say breathing heavily looking over at Stark, whose eyes were popping out of his head yet again. I roll over to meet his eyes and he smirks, I kiss him on his scruffy cheek and smile intently. His forehead met mine and he kissed me on the nose, right as a knock on the door interrupted our moment.

Stark and I rush to get dressed and look half decent; I answer the door to all of the kids standing patiently to go to the parks. A few of the older kids caught on to what was going on and shuffled the younger ones away to entertain them while we re-prepped.

“Arix, I want you to wear….this!” Stark smiles, pulling out a bikini. I roll my eyes,

“Stark…you expect me, to go out looking like that—with these things…” I say pointing at my various scars and burns…he looks at me as if ashamed of himself and pulls out what he called a tankini. Which; was a swimsuit material skirt and a swimsuit material tank top. I slide it on and he smiles,

“Oh, don’t you look mighty sexy Mrs. ---er I mean Arix…” I smile up at him, but not telling him that I find his slip up highly attractive. I kiss him on the cheek and then brush him off to get dressed, which he did efficiently.

We rush to the limo, where the kids were waiting, playing some game on the sidewalk. There were three limos, each with a smiling chauffer. I summon the kids to separate between the three and they all do as told. Stark and I climb into the first one, and I lay on his shoulder, closing my eyes-imagining the glories of this fun land.

****STARK POV****

I look out the window, stroking Arix’s soft hair-day dreaming of earlier. My mind trails off, but I snap myself back into reality. I smile at Arix’ who was genuinely looking up admiring my sexy face and kiss her on the top of her head. Then my thoughts trail off to the babies back at the resort…was it a bad thing that I hoped now they got adopted…I mean I know I said I wanted to keep them…but there was five, and I wanted…my own.  I look out the window to see a giant mouse head sticking up from somewhere in the park…we were here, but I just hopped I could enjoy it. 

“Welcome to Disney…Mr….Mr…..STARK?” They lady at the front desk greets us in a shocking tone. Then she fluttered her eyes in a flirtatious manor. I was holding Arix’s hand, trying to make it apparent to the lady that I was taken but she was one of those types, you know the desperate ones who when they even see a fat guy with fifteen children eating chili cheese hot dogs- she still wants to…do it.

How could I tell? Let’s just say-I know crazy eyes when I see them. Suddenly Arix steps in front of me; aw she was defending my sexiness! I place both my hands on her tiny shoulders as I hear snickering coming from the teenagers watching us-knowingly…gosh this was awkward…big time.

“We have reserved tickets, reserved under the name The Stark Family.” She made sure to articulate the word family—making the lady roll her eyes and snuff as if she never even wanted me in the first place; which she soooo did! We got to the reserved picnic area for us, where the preparation began. The guys ripped off shirts, revealing white skin that was in bad need of a tan. Girls took their cover ups off, and some revealed modest one pieces or close to one pieces and others…needed more suits so I would stop staring…I mentally slapped myself in the face. I was not about to let Arix catch me in my old habits.