Chapter Two: Giant Robot Attack

****ARIX POV****

Though I will NEVER admit it to him- Stark was sexy, very; very sexy.

"Arix?" He asks me,

"Yes sir?"

"One, don't sir me, too cliché and second...well this may be too personal, eh who am I kidding, I don't care if it's too personal...anyways, what-how do I put this---what was your past like?" I stir uncomfortably in front of him.

"All of it?" He nods,

"Well I don't want just half of it sweetheart." I roll my eyes, still uncomfortable, I knew there wasn't even a slight chance that he was giving up on this so I explained slowly and reluctantly,

"First, you may want to sit." We walk over to his living room and sit on a awkward kidney shaped couch with his scotch or something remotely close to that in hand. I sigh, "I'm sure you've seen way worse cases b-"

"Wait, don't exclude yourself, as shocking as it may seem to everyone- I do have some what of a heart...more than most realize...now continue." I half smile and go on,

"I was born to a teen mom at age sixteen whom made me with a twenty-five year old drunkard. They were perfectly happy, they got married at the legal age of eighteen...in fact it was the day after my mom's eighteenth birthday. He hated me with a firring passion, said I wasn't his child; I was the devils child. When I was ten, he had enough. He grabbed hold of me, squeezed my sides so hard to the point that blood gushed from my hips. He twirled me above his head, around and around and then let go-sending me flying through the living room window. Least to say, I was frightened. I could've died, but I made it. I could hear my mother screaming in agonizing pain. I got up dizzily and crawled back through the broken window. My dad was strangling her, he had tied a rag around her throat and was pulling it, screaming at me through bloody tears- "Arix, you saw nothing! Understand!?" I remember screaming, "Mommy!" and "Okay daddy, I won't tell..." and then he was gone. I tried ro untie the rag, but it was too late...she was gone. I cried on her still body for what seemed like hours. I felt enough was enough, so i dried my tears as best I could and ran. At the time, I was so young I didn't think to bring anything with me...but any how- I've been running ever sense."

I finish my story and look at Stark who I believed to be crying. "Stark?" He grabbed my both of my hands,

"Arix..." He was speechless, almost in disbelief, "So that's why...you flinched at my yelling and, oh gosh...you've been eyeballing my drinks...I feel like a total jerk now." I smile,

"It's okay Stark you aren't, well not for that reason anyway." I wink and his body relaxes.

"Don't look at me, I'm not sexy right now." He says covering his face. I shake my head,

"What happened to having feelings?" He peeks at me through his fingers,

"Feelings and sexy don't go together Arix." The way he said my name made me smile, "Oh! I see that smile!! You-Arix-Think-I-Stark-Am-A-Sexxxxxxy-Beast!" I shake my head,

"In your dreams Stark." I lie. The positive thing about my secret was I knew he liked me back...my chances were big for when I was ready to reveal. Until then. I decided to play a little game with the genius. For someone so smart, he lacked in the whole common sense factor.

"Yes, in my dreams indeed Arix..." He got up and dumped out his drink, I smile at his attempt at being a gentleman. "Okay Sweetheart, time for business!" I swallow the lump that was for-standing in my throat,

"Stark?"

"Jeeees?"

"Why me?"

"Why not?"