Chapter Twelve: I Have A Plan

****ARIX POV****

So, it’s easy to say it took a while to get as many people as possible to safety, but driving home seemed like the longest part of the entire day. I was dozing off on Stark when I felt the limo come to a halt. I jerked awake and blink rapidly until my eyes get used to the sunset light. I look out the window—thousands of people crowded around the house, trying to stay warm in the November chill.

“Stark—what are we going to do? There’s no place to send them back to.” I whisper, he nods,

“I have a plan…just stick with me for a little while…It will be interesting---to say the very least.” I nod and Stark helps the war vet and elder woman out of the car. I get two of the babies from their car seat while stark gets two more. The four older kids walked crippled behind us as we opened the door telling everyone to wait a minute.

We settle the four babies and I quickly run out to get the last one. We lay them on a soft blanket, the four children sit on a comfy couch and the two adults sit on another couch. I smile and make them feel as at home as possible, and listen as Stark speaks to our company on the outside.

“Listen citizens of New York! I’m sure you’ve found your family members by now…and if you have not—then please report to me. If you have, then there’s a pile of sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, food, and more in the basement… you’ll all stay there tonight…it’s pretty big…but you’ll have to cooperate with each other. So, you may head to the basement families, others—come to me.”

I watch out the huge windows, with baby Emma in my arms. I was happy that so many people had reunited—but also sad at the amount that hadn’t.  Sure enough, there was the little boy I had spoken to earlier. The members were mostly children, ranging from ages four to probably about fourteen. There were three adults, all about Starks age.

They followed him inside where we all sat. I smiled at them, trying to lighten the mood, but also knowing each of them were lost and scared. Stark went down to the basement to settle in the families and I tried my best to ease the tension the overwhelmed the living room.

“Well it looks as if we are going to become rather close—so anyone that wants to share their name is welcome.” I say, hoping the larger group of kids would speak up, but none did. It was the four injured ones that spoke first,

“Well—I’m Caleb, the oldest of the four…this is my brother Aaron, my sister Lily and my other sister Kayla.”

“Nice to meet you, so you’re all siblings?” They nod and seeming to read my mind, Caleb answers,

“We were all playing in our tree house and a branch broke so we all fell…we were waiting to check out…when the building was destroyed…” I smiled at them,

“It’ll be alright, Mr. Stark and I will take good care of you all...as for tonight, there is two empty bedrooms and then these two couches put together make a bed, so make yourself comfortable in either a room or these couches, I’m going to put the babies to bed and I’ll be right back.” I take two of the babies and carry them up the stairs and into my room that really had become mine and Starks.

I place the two on the rug, keeping an eye on them as I place a thick blanket across the wooden floor next to the bed; I then place them on the blanket and run as fast I can to get two more. I do the same thing with the next two, and then the last one.

I waited a few minutes as they fell asleep, and then went downstairs to help arrange where the people would be sleeping. The four children slept in Starks old bedroom on his bed, and a few of the big group of children, including the little boy.

The elderly woman with cancer was placed in the guest bedroom on the bed, and the war vet took the love seat. I looked around for a few more places, and actually found another guest bedroom, where the three adults arranged themselves to their comfort.