Chapter Four: Crash and Burn

****STARK POV****

I came bursting through what I assumed to be the courtyard arch and into some fancy room. I meet the doctor face to face. I grimace as he cracks his tiny little knuckles and acts as if he could defeat me this time. I was red with anger as I screamed,

"Where is she!" The doctor shrugged and pulled out a screen. It faded from black to a slight shape of what appeared to be a jail cell. In it was Arix. She was crying out for me and struggling to move towards the front of the cell. I look closer to see her drenched in tears, waste, and blood. I gasp as she falls forward-still feet away from the bars. Long bloody marks cross her cheek.

I touch the screen and then yell as loud as I could, "ARIX! WHERE ARE YOU!" I wait and a faint "In the dungeon." comes from the lips on the screen.

"Not so fast!" the doctor exclaims. I look around to see what army he was going to try and throw at me, but instead I see horrifying events becoming on the screen. Arix is being tied up in a cage by a robotic arm, on the top it says ten minutes and counting down. Below her was a pool full of dangerous creatures just ready to taste her flesh. She was screaming and crying-making my heart break.

"Let her go!" I scream, but before I could even hear an answer I stormed across the room and blasted through another. I searched for the dungeon-blasting through castle walls, loving the sound of his evil layer crumbling beneath me. My adrinalin was at an all time high as I crashed through another wall.

I could feel something creeping up behind me so I flip around matrix style, "Jarvis. Hook 'em up" I say callibrating the smart mini guns in the shoulder blades of my armor and then blow a robots head straight off,causing it to burst in to blue flames and blow up yet another part of the castle. I smile and turn back around to continue my search.

I scream in anquish for Arix, I wait to listen, but there is no sound in return. I blast walls happily and maybe a robot here or there. I panic as I know time may soon be running out before she falls into the pit.

****ARIX POV****

I hear loud things coming from above. No screams or yells, just crashing and the smell of smoke. I panic a little as the smokey air drifts down into my nostrils. I was hopeless if a fire drifted down here. I looked down at the dangers below. Electric eels slithered through the water threatening to jump out and electricute me with ease.

Wading on the bottom of the pool were what looked to be giant poisonous sting rays-giving me a look that told me I could die at a moments notice. There were other types of fish that had sharp teeth and raging sounds all chanting the same thing,

"Die. Die. Die. Dead." Over and over again they chant with their snarling teeth and bloody poision. I look with terror as the fire makes its way to the dungeon.  

I screamed, well tried to scream. The smoke lingers its way into my lungs and I begin to cough uncontrollably. Things get blurry and I think I try to scream as my throat feels chalky and scorthced. I look around and things go black...as I black out I pray that Stark will find me...before I die.

****STARK POV****

Things burn and walls fall. I begin to panic as I cannot find the dungeon. I glance to my right- a robot grabs at me. I dodge below it and smirk, "Thought you could get me?" I mumble as I flip over, blasting the robotic thing to pieces.

Finally I see big wooden doors on the castle floor. I smile and shoot straight down, making the wooden doors explode into little splinters. I dive into the dungeon to see Arix...unconciously laying hopelessly in the cage dangling above the devil fishes. "Arix!" I scream with panic as fire threatens to take her from me. 

I fly over to her and quickly unlock the cage. I pick her up and she let's out a black smokey cough. I wince and hold her tight against my armor as we blast through orangey smoke and up from where we came. I fly up high, feeling powerful-until I come face to face with the doctors giant robot.

I sigh, but still hold on tight to the unconcious Arix. "What do you want Doctor?" He gives me a smirk that sends a shiver through my body.

"I want her." He said, making the robot point its oily finger at my sweet Arix. I shake my head, 

"What in the world do you need her for?" I ask furiously. 

"My own personal pleasure Stark. Everyone needs someone." I glare in disgust as his face snarles at me,

"And she is not your someone Doctor. You're sick." He jerks his robotic finger at my chest.  

"Mhm take her this time, but watch your back Stark. I'll be back. Ten times harder and a million times more evil." He disappears out of thin air and I fly quickly home with his slithering words creeping into me like the venom of a snake. Arix starts to cough uncontrollably-black smoke comming out thicker with each hack.

I fly to the mansion, and quickly go through the process of taking my armor off. I rush Arix to her room and phone a doctor as I realize I'm not fit to exactly take care of her. A doctor shows up, immediatly hooking her to an oxygen tank. I stand in the doorway with my hand clasped to my mouth. 

I tell myself to breath as she coughs horribly. I watch silently as a doctor works on her quickly and softly. He comes to me, leaving her laying still in the bed, but still masked with oxygen and an IV. She is covered with several blankets and her face lays still.

"She will need to be under watch for the night, don't let her from your sight. She will wake up no later than tomorrow afternoon, but she doesn't need to be going anywhere for a few days. Thank you for calling me Mr. Stark, have a good evening." 

I nod, and look at Arix...still and pale. This was my fault....I was to blame for her being caught. I wouldn't rest until I knew THE doctor was dead. Dead and dropped to the bottom of the deepest ocean...and I would do it myself.

I walk towards her frail body and sit on the other side of her bed. I pick up her cold hand that seemed to be shaking. I let a tear fall. I felt failure overwhelm me. Not only was I responsible for where Arix's health was...but I had cried...twice.

For once in my life, I wanted to give up...I didn't want to be a hot shot, billionare, playboy whatever. For once in my life I wanted to waste time staring at the same pretty face for days upon years...for the first time in my life I had felt..

Love.

Okay guys! This chapter seems short to me, but enjoy! XD I really like where this is going and I really like how Stark is showing his feelings! Woooohoooo! XD Enjoy. Comment. Vote. Like. Eat rainbows. Whatever! just give me something to work off of! XD