Chapter Ten: Prepare For Battle

****ARIX POV****

“Oh my gosh Stark! Wake up, come on…wake up-wake up-wake up!” I cry with terror. I look outside, the lightning strikes again. It was not the storm that scared me—what scared me could have to do with the giant shadow off in the distance. My imagination went wild and Stark was knocked out cold, why? I don’t know, but I needed him to wake up.

The windows rattled and yet Stark still slept. He was breathing, so I didn’t worry as much. I looked around for something to wake him up and that’s when I saw a giant empty bottle of scotch on the ground…he was going to have a serious hang over—the bottle was huge.

I rolled my eyes, and then remembered about the robot. The one that was supposed to come back at any moment to destroy the city again. I had barely practiced in the suit, what in the world was I supposed to do? Finally, I decided to go get the suit on…just so I’d be prepared to fight—if I had to.

I race down the stairs and into the garage,

“Jarvis! I don’t know how to do this! Suit me up?”

“Yes Miss. Arix.” The robotic voice answers, and suddenly my suit is being put on and I feel all powerful. I race back up stairs, making really loud metal clanking noises as my armor comes in contact with the stairs. I am back in the living room with the passed out Stark and the possible doom of the world.

I decide to fly us back to Stark tower; it would be easier from there. I pick up Stark and we fly to the tower. I drop him on the couch and head to his holographic computers. I pull up all of these pictures, but I had little to no idea what anything meant.

“STARK!” I scream, desperate at this point. The shadow was getting closer to Stark tower and I prayed that the empty streets meant that everyone was safe in a basement or something of the sort. I shake Stark super hard and finally a grunt, but I celebrate too soon when I see drool trickle from his mouth and his eyes close tightly.

Let’s be honest, I knew that the shadow was Dr. Henry. I knew I wasn’t going to get away with finishing him off on my own. I knew that the second I tried to use this suit—I’d be trapped in the arms of THE doctor…and with Stark knocked out cold…I could never come back.

I panic as the shadow moves closer and the sound of the storm grow louder and more threatening. Stark mumbles, but still does not wake up. I look out the window, and decide that there was not going to be an option. As soon as the robot headed this way—I was going to have to learn how to work this suit other than just flying.

I pace the office floor, trying to remember things that Stark had rambled on about—I had pretty much blocked out his boring speech and of course, now that I needed it…he was drunkenly passed out and I was pacing back and forth talking to myself about how I know nothing.

“Breath Arix…you know what to do. Dang it! Who am I kidding! I don’t know crap about this suit! Except for when you tell Jarvis to fly it flies…THAT’S IT ARIX! Jarvis!” Yes I was talking out loud…but I didn’t care…I had just solved an obvious problem…I swear I was blonde. Anyhow- I rushed to the computers and typed in a few things. I couldn’t really figure out what I was doing, but it made me happy when I heard the reassuring robotic voice of none other than Jarvis!

You know things have gotten bad when all you are left to rely on is a robotic voice.

****STARK POV****

“Come on Stark, you can hear her! Get up! Open your freaking eyes! Stupid! You’re leaving her for Doctor bate! She’s calling at you! Wake up you moron! You are-leaving her-to die. What kind of hero are you? You’re NOT a hero, you drunken-“