the price!! levi x titan shifter reader

happy easter!! this one shot is definitely much darker and way more deep than anything i've ever written before. i think it turned out well though despite all of that.

word count: 1,786 words

!!TW: MENTIONS OF VIOLENCE AND BLOOD!!

y/n's pov:

you doubled over in pain as another swift kick landed deep into your stomach, and before you could regain your balance, the same foot knocked you in the chin.

you were given a couple seconds to breathe shakily; you watched your own blood drip red onto the floor as you fought the urge to slip into unconsciousness. a couple seconds. that was all you got before you were met with another blow; this time to the side of your head causing your brain to fuzz.

through your shallow breathing, you looked up to meet the eyes of your assailant; the blue grey orbs were familiar, and hard. he tore his gaze away quickly, not being able to look you in the eyes as he brought his foot to your gut again. not being able to contain yourself, you coughed up more red before whimpering slightly.

for a split second, levi's expression faltered and his foot paused momentarily in the air. he registered your body shaking in pain and racking in sobs, your hair in matts, and your bruised face..he had caused this..

"i think that's enough."

levi stopped instantly, and your head dropped right away. as the final verdict was given, levi continued to steal worried glances at you.

"f/n l/n has proven that she is able to contain her titan shifting abilities. she will work alongside eren yeager in the operation to re-seal the wall. dismissed."

the shuffling of feet was barely audible over the sound of your ears ringing. you mustered up enough courage to force your head up.

through your clouded gaze, and through the black spots patching your vision; your eyes landed on the beautiful man in front of you. you  spoke to him, but your mind couldn't even sort out what you had said. you tried to focus on that, before darkness took over.

levi's pov:

as soon as everybody cleared out the area, levi knelt down and hurriedly started to unhinge f/n from the podium. he still couldn't look at her; couldn't look at all the bruises and all the blood and know that it all came from him.

"levi..?"

the sound was so quiet; almost inaudible. his name carried both a plea and a call of relief. f/n  brushed a single finger across his cheek; her touch was brief and light, but full of love.

again, levi felt an uncomfortable pang in his heart. he wanted to hold her, to tell her how sorry he was that it had come to this, but he was afraid to touch her; afraid he would only hurt her more.

f/n smiled weakly, then her eyes fluttered closed and her head fell forward. levi gently picked her up and carried her back to her room, then lay her softly on the bed. he started to reach a hand out to start cleaning her up, but his hands began to shake.

there was a hand on his shoulder and he jumped."i'll get her cleaned up shorty. you should go clean up too, it'll make you feel better." hange said softly.

levi looked down. he hadn't even noticed all the blood on his hands and clothes from carrying
f/n. blood he had caused to spill..had he really beaten her that bad?

hange could tell that levi wasn't okay. they all knew that he did what he had to to save f/n. and she knew it too. everyone was aware that levi had basically saved f/n's life, but levi would never see it that way.