fluff and french toast!! levi x injured reader

word count: 1,603 words
some people had been wondering what i look like, so if you wanted a "face reveal" my tik tok is @levilokilemon

it truly was a wonderful winter day. overnight, fresh piles of soft white had piled up on the ground, and the trees were covered in so many icicles that the whole courtyard resembled a scene out of a fairytale.

you started pulling a fur-lined boot over your injured foot, but winced at the contact of it brushing against your limb.

you had broken your ankle during an expedition, and technically you weren't supposed to be moving much at all; but the idea of being confined to your bed like the doctor had instructed sounded awfully boring to you, especially on a day like this. besides, it rarely ever snowed, so like everyone else in your squad you were anticipating finally getting to go out and enjoy it.

"f/n, do you really think captain levi is going to let you go out with your foot still in recovery?" mikasa asked as she re-adjusted her scarf more snugly around her neck.

you hadn't really thought about that. there was no way that levi was going to let you go; especially since the doctor had strictly informed you to avoid strenuous physical activity. however, the more snow flurries that sprinkled down outside your window, the more you were willing to try and escape.

just as you finally started to get your boot on, even with a sufficient amount of pain and struggling, you heard a small disapproving sound from behind you causing everyone to freeze in place.

"busted." connie muttered under his breath, and jean elbowed him hard in the side.

"f/n, where exactly do you think you're going?" levi asked with his arms crossed. you let out an exasperated sigh; you had been so close.

"well it's snowing sir, and everyone was going so i was just gonna-" you started to stammer, but levi's tired sigh cut you off. "f/n, you know you're not supposed to go outside. frankly, you're not even really supposed to be out of bed." he grumbled. "and besides, you can't put on shoes without straining your foot more, and it's way too cold for you to not wear anything but socks. you already have an injured foot, do we really need to add hypothermia to the list?"

you already knew that you had been defeated at this point, so you dropped your head a bit and started twiddling your fingers awkwardly as you answered. "i know. it just doesn't snow often, so i thought i could just..nevermind, i guess it'll snow again eventually."

for a moment, the captain actually looked sorry for you. you both knew it really didn't snow this much very often, especially not enough to cancel expeditions and allow for free days like this. "i'm sorry f/n, but that's my final say." he said, and in a much softer tone than usual.

you sighed and carefully eased yourself back down to start taking off all your snow stuff; it's not like you would be needing any of it. armin tapped your shoulder lightly, then gave you a smile filled with sympathy.

"i'll bring you back a snowball if you want f/n." he said kindly. eren nodded from beside him. "yeah, i'll even name my snowman after you." he added. you smiled back at your friends genuinely "thanks guys. have fun." you said. as the rest of the squad started to clear out, levi glanced at you once more before sighing and kicking off his boots. "come on." he said grimly. "let's at least get you something to eat."

you followed levi to the kitchen, which was vacant of people since everyone was outside; even sasha couldn't be found.

without warning, levi moved your crutches to the side and lifted you up on the counter easily. he then turned and started pulling out various ingredients before he started cooking.