stay with me!! levi x injured reader

hello everyone!! warning, this one is not really fluff but there is some sprinkled in some spots including the ending. i'm also updating my bakugou one shots book tonight so stay tuned for that if you love katsuki as much as i do <33

it all happened so fast.

the titan was going to kill him; it was going to kill levi. your body reacted before your mind; all you could think of was keeping him safe.

that's why when you had called out for him and pushed him out the way, you weren't surprised that the titan knocked you into the nearby building instead. your body flung through the air, and you felt yourself hit something hard, then a piercing pain shot up your leg.

this was it. this was how you were going to die. to you, it seemed like a noble death. at least you had protected him; he was safe for the time being.

your vision was starting to go black when he bursted into the building and knelt down next to you. "f/n! f/n why did you-god this isn't happening." he stammered, and reached out to touch you but pulled away as if he was afraid he might hurt you more than you already were. "you're gonna be okay f/n just-just stay conscious for me okay?" he sounded like he was trying to convince himself more than you.

staying conscious would be a problem. you were fully prepared to pass out, but you knew you couldn't leave levi like that, so you nodded and tried your best not to focus on the pain in your leg; instead you focused your attention on the boy in front of you. that's when you noticed it.

you tried your best to sit up, but you flinched and levi pushed you gently back down again. "levi, your side." you pointed out his side that was bleeding profoundly. levi didn't even look or address it. "i'm fine, it's just a scratch. i'm gonna pick you up okay?" you wanted to protest more; that definitely was not a scratch, and him carrying you was only going to make it worse. judging by the pain in your leg and the fact that the titan throwing you had probably caused a couple broken ribs, you figured you weren't going to make it anyway.

but you knew arguing wasn't going to keep him from bringing you back, so you gave in. he gently scooped his hands underneath you, then lifted you into his arms. even the smallest contact caused you to wince, and levi noticed that instantly.

"did that hurt? never mind-just, breathe f/n i got you." you wouldve nodded in response but you were starting to feel like you were gonna pass out again.

as you had guessed, carrying you to the nearby makeshift hospital that had been set up was a struggle for levi. you could tell that his side pained him, and you hated seeing him go through all of this just for you to possibly not even survive. he was also losing almost just as much blood as you were, and by the time you made it to the hospital, he called for the medic and was nearly out of breath.

"okay, we've got her. you really should let one of us check you though-" the nurse started as he handed you over to her. "i'm fine." he gasped, and swatted his hand. "is she gonna be okay?" the nurse looked you over and sighed a bit. "i'm..i'm not sure. i'll do my best. in the meantime, please let someone clean you up." the nurse insisted but levi shook his head again.

"make sure she's taken care of, then you can worry about me." the nurse eyed him for a moment, then sighed and nodded, carrying you swiftly inside. once you had made it through the doors, levi sighed in relief then collapsed from his wounds.

when levi woke up next, he was in an infirmary. his hands fumbled around and he felt the sensation of cool sheets against his fingertips. for a moment, he was confused as to where he was and how he got there, but one thing rang in his mind above everything else; f/n. he sat up quickly and ran through the hospital searching for her. each room he went into revealed another empty bed.