two lovers!! levi x depressed reader

yes, i'm finally back. treating you guys with an extra long one- 2,248 words :3 also, this one is unedited- please ignore any mistakes!

you relinquished a sigh as strong beams of sunlight seeped through your closed blinds. the persistent caw of morning birds filled your ears; causing you to sit up groggily and rub at your tired eyes.

turning to the side, you released yet another sigh to see that the mattress was empty next to you- however a soft dent in the cushion confirmed that someone had indeed slept there.

levi must have gone out early again.

your husband, levi ackerman, was quite simply the best thing that had ever happened to you. the two of you had been close friends throughout your years in the survey corps, only to start dating a couple years along (with some serious patience as levi was foreign to it all) as soon as the war ended, levi wasted no time in proposing to you; the love of his life.

currently, the two of you were on your honeymoon- a term that was alien to you both as weddings hadn't happened very often during the war. thanks to the generous queen historia, you both had been sent to a quaint cabin near the ocean; one that levi had picked out specifically since you loved the sea so much. you had only gotten to see it once, after all.

you would think that a person would be unbelievably happy given the circumstances.

the war was finally over; you were free to be with the man you loved without fear of one of you being devoured. you were in a beautiful and serene cabin near the beach, and you were married to levi.

but still, you couldn't help but feel like you were a burden to him. every second you spent with him your brain came up with intrusive, negative thoughts; ones that pondered why levi had chosen to love you out of everyone he could've had. why someone as amazing and talented and wonderful as him decided to wake up next to someone like you.

it also didn't help that so many people agreed with these dark thoughts. countless jealous women from the survey corps whispered and gossiped about you, and how undeserving you were of levi's love. it was no secret how much they despised you, and levi never mentioned it so you wondered if he knew about it or even cared.

simply put, you knew that levi loved you. he was so soft, and kind, and caring, and he truly did seem to do everything and anything for you; but that still didn't stop you from believing that he deserved better. that one day he might realize the same things that you did.

you briefly stretched, then swung your legs lazily over the side of the bed; your eager toes making contact with smooth wood as you padded down the hall and to the kitchen. you peeked around the corner to see levi at the stove expertly maneuvering a small pan. even his cooking skills were top tier- yet another action to add to the pile of things he was good at.  sensing your presence, he smiled a little before turning down the heat and placing the pan back down carefully.

running a hand through his hair lazily, he made his way over to you quickly before engulfing you in a hug. levi always gave the best hugs; tight and secure but full of warmth despite his cold exterior. but that was the thing; levi could never be cold to you- you were one of the only people he could truly warm up around. you rested your head on his chest weakly, your mind still filling up with thoughts.

he probably wishes that he had a wife who could cook better..i bet he gets tired of making the meals all the time. when he hugs me, does he mean it? or is he just going through the motions?

you felt soft lips briefly on your forehead, followed by distant talking; thus snapping you out of your trance. "sorry, did you say something levi?" you asked deafly. levi tilted his head a bit, a slightly worried look cast on his features. "i was asking if you were alright? you look a little dazed." he voiced; the concern thick in his tone. he had noticed that you had been acting strange for awhile now, but he had been hoping that if something were truly bothering you- you would open up to him about it when you were ready. however, he was starting to grow more and more worried about your forced smiles and empty promises.