the truth!! levi x african american daughter

levi groaned lightly and rubbed his temples in frustration. he was supposed to be on vacation, however his job had still sent him one last form to look over.

he sighed and continued typing, checking the clock every few minutes. his daughter, f/n should've been home by now from school. just as he finished up and submitted the last form, the door opened to reveal the stout little five year old stepping into the house.

"hey princess, how was school?" levi asked, as he shut off his computer before turning to face her. "it was fine." f/n mumbled, not meeting her father's eyes. levi tilted his head a bit, and watched her as she started waddling her way straight towards her room.

levi sighed, and stood up to stop her in the hall. "one sec kid, at least take off your coat." he said, and f/n stopped and held up her arms weakly so that he could tug off her coat. he started folding it, and she started walking again.

he was starting to grow concerned, as usually f/n came home ranting and telling him every detail about her day, however today she was so..silent. levi put her coat away, then made his way to her room; surprised to see that the door was closed. f/n never closed her door.

levi knocked softly, then spoke to his daughter in a soft tone. "f/n? i finished up my work for the rest of the week, wanna play tea party? or we can go get ice cream?" he tried. there was no response from the other side, until levi heard some soft shuffling and light sniffles.

was she crying? the sound alone made his heart break. "no thanks daddy, i don't feel like playing right now." she responded lowly, then silence.

levi sighed again, and decided that pushing her wouldn't be a good idea. he figured that giving her a bit of space might help her open up to him later about what was bothering her. "alright, well if you change your mind, i'll be in the living room okay?" he said lightly.

"okay." f/n muttered.

levi sat down on the couch and tried to watch tv, but the thought of his daughter being alone and clearly upset was enough for him to get distracted. what could've possibly gone wrong? f/n had always been such a happy child, from the day levi adopted her and everything in between. something really bad must have happened for her to be this upset.

an hour and a half passed, and f/n still hadn't left her room. levi began cooking dinner, deciding on making f/n's favorite; spaghetti and garlic bread. satisfied with his work, he began assembling their plates before calling her for dinner.

no response.

levi washed his hands quickly before walking to her room and pausing at the door. "f/n? it's time to eat." he tried softly. "i'm not hungry." she replied. levi sighed and carefully opened the door to f/n curled up in a ball with her head in her knees.

levi made his way over to her and knelt down before tapping her shoulder lightly. "come on
f/n, you have to eat. and besides, i made your favorite." he added, causing f/n to look up. "spaghetti?" she asked. levi smiled slightly and nodded. "and bread."

f/n thought for a moment before nodding. "okay. i'll come eat." she decided. levi ruffled her hair, which caused her to giggle slightly before she followed him into the kitchen.

dinner was fairly quiet besides the clinking of forks and f/n occasionally asking politely for more bread. when she was finally finished, she crawled out of the chair and waddled to levi's chair before bumping her head gratefully against his knee. "thank you for dinner daddy." she mumbled. levi smiled again and patted her head. "no problem kiddo. i'm glad you liked it."

f/n gave him a small smile before making her way back into her room. levi watched her sadly before clearing off the table and starting on the dishes.

he then sat alone on the couch and passed the time by flicking through the channels.

after awhile, levi heard the familiar soft patter of footsteps as f/n waddled into the room. he watched her crawl up onto the couch before hiding her face in levi's shoulder.

levi paused the film he had been watching, and tugged f/n into his lap and made her face him. "come on princess, you've barely spoken two words to me since you've come home. what's wrong?" he muttered.

f/n hesitated before tugging on her curly ponytail. "the kids at school make fun of me all the time daddy. i hate that you make me go everyday." levi's expression softened again as she spoke. "how do they make fun of you?" he pressed, and poked her head lightly.

"they make fun of how i look. they say that i'm weird because my skin is a different color, and the tug on my curly hair." she explained, and tears pooled her eyes again. "and worst of all, they tell me that you're not my real daddy!" she whimpered.

all levi could do for a moment was sit in shock. this was definitely not how he wanted this conversation to come up, however he supposed he didn't have a choice. he finally came to his senses and hugged his shaking daughter tightly and rubbed her head.

"okay, okay, deep breaths it's okay." he murmured. f/n followed his instructions and rubbed at her eyes as she inhaled deeply.

"how long has this been going on?" levi asked gently. f/n sniffed again weakly before responding. "a couple of weeks."

levi pulled her to him again and prayed that she couldn't see how visibly furious he was. how dare those brats make fun of his girl? he decided he would deal with that later, but for now he had a bigger task at hand. "why didn't you tell me about it sooner?" levi asked softly.

f/n shrugged. "you were so busy with work and i didn't wanna distract you." she admitted. "oh f/n, you could never be a distraction to me. you're far more important than work, or anything else in the world for that matter." levi assured her. f/n gave him a small smile that he returned, then she frowned again.

"is it true?" she mumbled. "are you not really my daddy?"

levi sighed. "f/n, i'll always be your dad, but no. i'm not your biological father."

f/n thought for a moment, and levi waited; fearing her reaction. he was surprised when f/n flung her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "that's okay daddy, you're the best and only dad in my life." levi released a relived breath he hadn't realized he had been holding before hugging her back. "alright, alright, enough with all this mushy stuff." he said and poked her head again.

"in all seriousness, i'm sorry that the kids at school pick on you. i wish i could make it all stop, but unfortunately there will always be people in this world that have negative opinions about you." he said sadly.

f/n shrugged again. "that's okay. if they do anything to me again i'll just kick the shit out of them." she said proudly.

levi stared at the five year old in shock. "f/n, where did you learn that word?"

f/n just giggled. "from you of course! you say it all the time, more than you think i know about." she said happily.

levi laughed a little and ruffled her hair. "okay fair, but you cant keep saying that f/n. it's a mean word." he reasoned. f/n laughed again. "okay, okay, i'll stop if we can get icecream?"

levi thought for a moment before lightly kissing her forehead.

"alright, princess."

YAY IM BACK. also sorry if you wanted an x reader love story but i really enjoy writing the levi x daughter ones bc i have such a vivid idea on how amazing of a dad levi would be. this one also covers some pretty serious topics, so the next one shot will probably be strictly fluff since i've given yall some angst the past few one shots.
love you all, AND THANK YOU FOR 1.25k READS!!
-M