a love worth resenting!! levi x reader

you and levi ackerman had never quite gotten along.

you were both at the top of the scout regiment, only really seeing each other as a major challenge. to be quite frank, nobody else was even close to the level you and levi were on.

still, being naturally gifted meant a constant need to be better than the other, although for the most part it was only you who wanted to be better.

the idea of levi annoyed you. how he was amazing at everything he tried, and so blunt and sarcastic all the time. his unenthusiastic yet smart ass comments he directed at you were infuriating to no end, and nothing you said to him even began to bother him.

at least you didn't think it bothered him; if it did he was damn good at not showing it.

so when commander erwin assigned the two of you with a stealth mission together, you were far less than happy.

"why him?" you exhaled angrily, pacing back and forth in hange's lab while you ranted.

"he's so arrogant, and cold, and every time i see him i just wanna-"

hange snapped up from her experiment with a sly smirk before cutting you off, "make out with him?" she teased.

you nearly choked on air.

"sorry, it's just you two have the craziest tension i've ever-"

of course, the legend himself entered at that very moment; his face as stoic as ever as he leaned on the door and analyzed your little tantrum over him.

"you outta stop rambling to yourself l/n. it can't be good for you." he said simply, casually, as if he really didn't care. he probably didn't.

you groaned internally before turning to face him. "why do you always sneak up on people? i swear you don't even make any noises." you frowned. levi snorted shortly before folding his arms and responding in a bored tone.

"i actually just do it for you. we're leaving in ten minutes, erwin said to dress up."

and with that, he was gone as quickly and silently as he had came.

hange laughed out loud, and you glared at the spot where levi had just stood moments ago. sighing, you said your goodbyes to hange before sulking upstairs to get changed.

remembering the details of the mission that erwin had given you, you slid on a satin red dress and piled your hair in a loose bun to reveal your trained shoulders. perfume and cosmetics was not something used often in the regiment, but for missions like this that required putting on a good show, you applied some black liner and a dark lip stain.

you descended your room, still in a mood but at least looking good. in fact, as you walked past the dining hall to exit the compound, you got a fair share of lustful looks and whistles. rolling your eyes, you slid on a coat to feel a little less revealing, levi suddenly appearing next to you wordlessly.

he hadn't even looked your way, and so you took the opportunity to eye his exterior.

levi had always been attractive, there was no doubting that. however, you had never really thought much of it, seeing that romance was pointless, and that you had no desires for anything more than simple companionship within the regiment. there also was your obvious hatred for levi, and you supposed that kept you from gawking at his physique unlike the other women of the scouts.

he did look good in his suit though, all black besides the pure white button down. a few buttons left undone at the top to reveal a sliver of his toned chest..

"stop staring at me." he mumbled, again not meeting your gaze in seemingly pure boredom. you couldn't help but get slightly flustered at him catching you staring, but you shook it off with a scoff.