chapter two

four weeks later

she latched his fenced gate unlocked and stepped into his backyard. the world was still asleep. she could see him through his window, making breakfast. smiling to herself she made her way to his back door and knocked three times.

she put her hands behind her back and waited. the birds were waking up around her, chirping happily. finally, chris opened up the door. his hair was messy from sleep and he was wearing pyjama bottoms with the tight black top that she loved so much. you could practically see his six pack through it.

he looked down at her and smiled a little.

"you're always over now aren't you? come in." he said turning away to get back to his bacon. she smiled as she shut the door behind her, following him inside. she drew out a chair to perch on and crossed her ankles, swinging them back and fourth. her eyes followed where chris went, silently cooking over the the stove top, his back turned to her.

"you hungry?" he asked over his shoulder.

"nope."

he nods. "how's school?"

"it's okay. i got asked on a date by a guy in one of my classes. i said i'd get back to him, i don't think i want to go." she replied, watching him slide his bacon and eggs onto a plate.

he looked up slightly as she said that.

"don't. collage boys are good for only nothing. you're pretty, he only wants to have a feel at you." he said, sitting down opposite her. "what happened to the guy that you were hanging around with while i was staying at yours? loud one who kept talking about himself."

"george? not my type." she said back, scrunching her nose a little.

"he tried to do anything with you?" he asked as he ate his bacon.

"no, he was too scared i think."

he nodded and went back to his food. she didn't take her eyes of him, thinking hard about what to say next.

"have you ever thought of trying to do anything?" she asked, her heart beating faster than ever.

he furrowed his eyebrows, looking at her like she had said something childish.

"if you were twenty years older, maybe." he said, looking at her hard in the eyes. she had the feeling that he was trying to read her thoughts.

"i'm of age." she said, looking down at her feet.

"you're barely eighteen. that shit's frowned upon. lana, darling, i'm old enough to be your dad." he said, tilting his head down to keep the eye contact.

"so you've never thought about it?" she asked, with a confused frown on her face.

"well shit lana, i can't say that i haven't. but you know it's wrong. hell, i'm like an uncle to you. you've peed on me before, it's not right." he said, his voice serious and low.

she sighed. "forget it. i was just curious." she rested her chin in her hands and looked at him with puppy eyes.

"hey, don't look at me like that. you know that it wouldn't be okay. your dad would be furious." he said, frowning at her.

"he wouldn't need to know. i dunno, i guess i've just been saving myself for someone like you. you know, a man. not a boy." she explained.

he shook her head. "stick with men your own age, okay. i'm sorry lana, you're gorgeous and you know it but nothing can ever happen between us. is that clear?" he said strictly.

she sighed. "yes, sir."

"okay. now get home. you have school soon." he said as he finished his food, getting up and washing his plate.

"we're on summer break now but whatever, i'll see you around." she said, getting up and getting onto her tip toes, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

he didn't react, he didn't even watch her go.

he turned around as soon as he heard the door close, running his fingers through his hair and cursing under his breath.

she was so delicate. she was everything that he wanted. but he felt so wrong for wanting her, she was freshly eighteen. he had watched her come home from the hospital when she was born, driven her to swim meets, watched her go to prom. he had never felt anything towards her, only recently he had noticed her beauty. her freckles, the way her eyes sparkled in the sun, how her lips parted when she laughed, how big her eyes are when she looked at him.

she made him feel so good, he loved the thought of protecting her from the world, from all the men and women that would want to hurt her. he loved the thought of her falling asleep on her, clutching onto him if she ever had any nightmares.

but she was only eighteen. he was nearing forty. it was wrong.

a/n
i feel sick