chapter four

SHE HAD BEEN BLESSED with another restless night. her mind wouldn't stop whirling.

her and chris hadn't spoken a word for the rest of the day. they had wordlessly cleaned the dishes together, the room silent apart from the wet soap noises as the pair cleaned robotically.

she had turned in for the night after that, not in the mood to talk to anyone any longer.

she slipped her legs off her bed and before she gave herself a chance to pussy out of it, she had climbed into chris's kitchen window. she crept up to his room, in nothing but a vest and pale underwear.

she opened the knob slowly, scared that she would wake him if he was not yet asleep. quietly, she slipped inside.

chris was awake, in the soft light of his bedside table. his arm was propped up behind his head against his headboard. he was reading, of course.

he raised an eyebrow at the sight of her.

wordlessly she climbed into his bed, her back facing him.

"what are you doing here?"

"wanted to see you." she rubbed one of her ankles over the other.

chris sighed a little. he smelled like fresh shower and all she wanted in the world was to feel his hands against her body.

"you shouldn't be here lana."

"then you shouldn't have lead me on chris. because that's what you did you know."

he looked over and swept his leg over, shifting his weight to where she was suddenly pinned underneath him, a grip framing both of her wrists back against the head of the bed

"fine, i'll never touch you again." he dipped his neck. "happy?"

she frowned and sat up, climbing onto his lap. he lowered his book to look at her, raising an eyebrow.

"do you not want me?"

it comes out more depressing than intended and something in chris softened a bit. the grip on her wrists loosened a bit.

"i didn't mean it like that. if your father find his daughter stripped and in a bed with me, i'm dead. and so are you." with that, he lifts her off him and goes back into the position that he was in before.

she stayed quiet against the bed, scared that even breathing too loud would have you thrown into the hallway.

she looked over at him, his eyes were focused on his book. he looked over at her, catching her gaze and sighed. wordlessly he tucked his arm under her. he placed his book down on his bedside table and placed his other arm on her waist, pulling him into her.

"what am i going to do with you huh? fuckin' freak."

his chest was warm under her cheek. for the first time all night, she actually felt sleepy.

he speaks once more. "you can't spend the night here. just a few minutes and i'm taking you back home."

she nodded against his chest, eyelids already fluttering shut.

★彡

she became dimly aware of being hoisted into the air. she whined a little, groggy, and a low voice soothes her.

"sh sh sh, it's okay, pretty girl." it was chris, carrying her innocently where her thigh meets her ass, rubbing small circles on her back. she felt a cold breeze hit her body and shivered, earning a warm forehead kiss from him.

soon enough, she felt herself being carefully placed down onto her soft mattress and tucked up delicately.

"i'll see you in the morning." he said softly.

a/n
this book is flopping so bad