Chapter 7-PARTNERS IN CRIME

"If you don't seek out allies and helpers, then you will be isolated and weak." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

In the main base of the Company of Ecstasy...

The most influential people in The Company of Ecstasy have gathered in a meeting of utmost importance. Over the last month, their bases around Kanto, including Tokyo and Musutafu, were destroyed by the mysterious figure "The Phoenix." They have lost hundreds of lackeys and billions of yens in assets. They were worried that in due time, The Phoenix will come for them too. They only care about themselves, about their own well-being, disregarding everyone around them as nothing more than objects, or toys, which they used in their great game to get as rich as possible, such was their greed. They all got rich from suffering, from death, from inhuman acts of depravity. They are demons, no exceptions; the devil owns them all, and they are proud of that. But now that this dark messiah has arrived to pass judgment, they felt fear for the first time in years.

"This is outrageous!" One of the 9 gathered around the meeting table of the directors' board of The Company shouted as he smacked the table. "We can't allow that bastard to continue living!"

"If you want to kill him yourself, then go ahead," A woman smoking a cigarette said as she exhaled the smoke. "Shouting won't get you anywhere," The woman stated, causing the man to growl at her.

"But we must do something!" The man replied as he smacked the table again, this time with even more force. His face was turning red from anger. "He is scaring off our investors; even the Toppat Clan is starting to doubt us!" The man's voice boomed around the room.

"Please," Another one of the men there said. "We must remain united against this terrible crisis that threatens to end us all," The man stated. "Division will only accelerate our downfall,"

"And what do you propose, Healer?" Another board member asked the man now referred to as Healer. "I suppose you have concocted a plan already."

Healer smirked. "They say that the best offence is a good defence," Healer said. "We will turn our bases into fortresses," Healer stated. "Every time he tries to assault one of them, he will lose part of his strength, and by the time The Phoenix reaches the actual base, he will break against the mighty wall, and only then we will have the opportunity to get rid of him once and for all..."

Izuku was currently in his room, sitting in front of his desk while he analyzed all the documents he had in front of him. Izuku had been chasing the Company of Ecstasy for about a month, and even though he had destroyed dozens of their bases, he knew he wasn't even close to breaking it. Izuku needed to deal one decisive blow on the Company, to kill their leaders. If all the central figures of The Company of Ecstasy died, it would split into more minor factions with little influence. These factions would hold little to no power, so they wouldn't be a threat to his future plans.

Izuku rested back against the chair; he stretched his back and his arms; he had lost count of how much time he had spent in his room looking at maps, trying to pinpoint the location of the Company's H.Qs. The door of his room then burst open, startling Izuku, and then Nana walked in.

"Do you even know what knocking is?!" Izuku shouted at Nana as she nonchalantly walked into his room. Izuku had almost fallen off his chair, which would have been really embarrassing.

"Hey, I knocked it alright," Nana stated, causing Izuku to sigh in response.

"Whatever," Izuku replied as he looked back at his desk. "What do you want?" Izuku asked as he resumed his activities.

"I wanted to see if you had finished your chicken scratchings," Nana said as she looked over Izuku's shoulders, only to see a giant mess of papers. "Any luck yet?"