Chapter 13-INFILTRATING THE AIRSHIP

"Do not go gentle into that good night; rage, rage against the dying of the light." – From 'Do not go gentle into that good night,' by Dylan Thomas.

A small vessel surfed through the clouds, Izuku and his group had been moving up for quite a few minutes now, but there was still a long way to go. It took some time, but they were finally ready, and after stealing a small Toppat airship, they were now going towards the base of the infamous Toppat Clan, the leaders of the global mafia. With the demise of All for One, the vacuum of power created, and the recent turmoil, the Clan sought to expand its operations in Japan. The recent spike in mobster activity and the discovery of Toppat-backed Yakuza organisations could no longer be ignored. So the infamous Dark Phoenix was on the hunt yet again.

Izuku was at the helm, mostly just making sure the airship remained stable, while the auto-pilot did most of the work. Behind him, Vlad and Jitsuna sat; Vlad was looking at his computer while Jitsuna cleaned his sword. Then, the radar started beeping. "Looks like we are approaching," Izuku stated as they passed through another cloud. When they regained visibility, what they saw stunned them—a marvel of engineering and a relic from the past, a flying vessel several kilometres in length. The technological giant moved slowly, giving the impression it was just floating.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Vlad asked with a grin as he stood up and got closer to the window. "And here I thought it was just a myth," The doctor said, ending with a chuckle.

"What do you mean?" Izuku asked while analysing the behemoth in front of him. He never imagined something like that was possible already; it almost seemed as if it came from another world or the future.

"I read about this 'Helicarriers,' in old historical documents," The doctor stated. "It was said that they were relatively common before the era of quirks. They were the next great thing in terms of military advancements," He stated before taking out his phone and taking a picture of it. "Records of them stop after the start of the turmoil," Vlad continued. "I suppose they were either destroyed during the many wars that plagued that era, or they simply could no longer maintain them after the end of the technological singularity of the time,"

"So, this is what humanity was capable of doing?" Jitsuna asked as he also stood up behind Izuku.

"And this is what I'm trying to restore," Izuku replied. "It's a shame we will probably have to blow this up. So save the plans of this thing if you can, will you?" He asked while turning to the orange-haired doctor.

"You don't even have to ask, Zuku," Vlad replied with a wink. A small button on the control board. "Looks like we are being hailed," He stated. "Get those codes ready," Izuku ordered. "Aye, aye," Vlad replied before sitting back in his place and grabbing the computer.

Izuku pressed the glowing button, and a voice spoke up. "Unknown vessel, please identify yourself," The spokesperson from the Toppat Clan member said. Izuku pressed another button and replied. "This is vessel A-1657, and I'm sending the code right now," A few seconds passed as Vlad sent the codes.

Suddenly, a thought came across Jitsuna's mind. "Doesn't the existence of a Tophat imply the existence of a Bottomhat too?" Izuku's right hand asked for no one in particular to answer. Finally, without skipping a bit or looking up from his computer, Vlad replied. "Cat ears," he stated.

"I wished humans came with an un-hear feature," Izuku stated with a sigh. "You just had to ask, didn't you?" Jitsuna sighed. Vlad then smiled and looked up. "Code sent!" He stated with his usual beaming demeanour.

The same voice then spoke up. "All clear, you may land in hangar 6," The guard stated. Izuku smirked. "All according to plan," He said out loud. "Now, we have to hurry," Instead of landing on their designated area, they landed on top of the ship. Izuku quickly put on his mask, and they all stepped out of their small boat.