Chapter 30-WALKING TOWARD FATE

"What's meant to be will always find a way." -Trisha Yearwood.

A few days passed since the incident at the training grounds. Bakugo had since made a full recovery thanks to the aid of Recovery Girl. But, unfortunately, he had played into the lie about his injuries, as he would never admit to any sort of defeat and was too prideful to rat Izumi out. So instead, he swore silent vengeance upon her.

Currently, Izumi stepped out of an orphanage that she had been recently visiting. "Come again soon!" "I will miss you! Izumi-nee-chan!" "Can't wait to play again!" Such were the things the children shouted to Izumi as she left with a big smile on her face. She waved and left the orphanage with a whole heart. Ever since her conversation with Shouko, she had realized how much of her time had just been spent on beating up bad guys instead of doing what she really wanted, which was to help people.

She walked down the road, reflecting on what Shouko had said. She then rubbed her cheek, as that is where Dan had hit her when she told him of the incident. She still remembers the words he said that day.

Dan's gaze was like a wall of ice, freezing everything in its path. The kind of gaze made you feel small and insignificant like you were nothing more than a tiny speck. As Izumi looked at Dan, she couldn't help but feel a sense of fear and unease caused by those wise icy eyes.

"Rage can do many things to a mind," Dan stated as he stood over a cowering Izumi. "It can wipe away your memories and take away your identity," He walked around her like a hunter toying with its prey. "No beast is more savage than man when possessed with power answerable to his rage." He continued. "Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel which carries it than anything it is ever poured on," Dan crouched, meeting Izumi at eye level as she sat on the Dojo's mat. "When fighting a monster, beware of not becoming the same yourself. To master one's emotions is to master themselves, and only then shall you not fret against the darkness of this world,"

Izumi shook her head. "The old man is right. But, if I use the same tactics as my enemies, then am I better than them?" She wondered. She passed by the slums of the city, an area not frequented by many people. "The path I have chosen... I must be ready to taint my spirit black when the time comes... However, that doesn't mean I can't try to save a few souls along the way, right?"

"Oh! Izumi! Nice to see you again!" A vagabond sitting next to a trash can suddenly called out to the blonde girl, bringing her back to earth. Izumi waved back and smiled at the old man.

"Hey there, Kase!" Izumi smiled and pulled out a big paper bag from her backpack. "Sorry, I didn't bring much this time, I was kind of in a hurry, but I will make sure to bring more tomorrow!" She proclaimed as she handed the man the bag full of food and other groceries.

The old man smiled. "Thank you very much, Izumi!" The man gracefully accepted the bag. "Everyone will be thrilled," He proclaimed. "I see you are ready to go to train to save the world,"

"Yes, sir!" Izumi beamed.

"Then you don't want to be late," The old vagabond stated. "Visit sometime soon, will ya?"

"Of course! See you later, old man!" She exclaimed as she sprinted away toward UA.

It wasn't long until she arrived at the school grounds. She quickly made her way to the classroom just before the bell rang. After that, the day passed uneventfully until finally, lunchtime arrived.

The school cafeteria was a hive of activity, with students milling around and chatting. Some waited in line for their lunch, while others sat at the tables surrounded by their friends. The smell of freshly cooked food filled the air, making everyone's stomach growl with hunger. Kaminari burped ungraciously as he finished his portion. "I'm telling you, those damn protestors! I almost arrived late at school today! Why did they need to block the streets so early?!" He blurted.