thirty six

morning came and taehyung woke up first. before getting up from the bed, he stayed for a while to do what he usually does every morning with his mate beside him. to enjoy the warmth that the other was giving him, to admire every features on his faces and to constantly think how lucky he is to have jungkook as his mate.

he was just too busy to observe how his mate was peacefully sleeping when he heard a ringtone from jungkook's phone above their side table.

he slowly removed jungkook's arms from his waist and reached out his mate's phone, of course the younger didn't put any password on it.

jihyun: enjoying your days with him, huh?

taehyung scrunched his eyebrows in confusion at it. it's the only message he's got on their conversation. the very first day, he can already sense that there's something going on between them.

the omega thoutght about the very first time he had encountered with jihyun. it was in school, jungkook appeared after that and even snapped at him for talking to his brother. he was so protective to him...

even before jungkook knew that taehyung's his mate, he keep telling the omega to stay away from jihyun and up until now, taehyung has still no idea on why jungkook keep telling him about it.

the blonde look over behind him only to see jungkook still sleeping. he grabbed his boxers on the floor and jungkook's polo to wear it. he heaved a deep sigh and kissed his forehead before he went out from their room, trying to prepare a breakfast for the both of them.

his back and his ass still hurts, his muscles still felt so sore. maybe because it's been so long after what they did but either way he still continued his pace on the kitchen.

even when he's preparing a coffee for jungkook and a strawberry milk shake for himself early on the morning, he can't still stop thinking about the message.

taehyung then went to toast the bread for the both of them and prepared a strawberry jam for it while leaning on the counter.

what does jihyun meant with that message? ever since he knew the younger, he showed him nothing but good impressions. he was so kind to him, he did nothing but to be a good friend to him. he haven't met him for a while though since it's their break from school.

taehyung sighed and just pushed the thought at the back of his head. maybe he's just overthinking, he doesn't have to do anything with that message but he can't remove it from his mind.

come to think of it, jungkook haven't told him anything about himself even after they formed a bond between them. it has been two months yet jungkook never told him anything yet aside from jihyun being his brother.

"tae? what's that smell?"

taehyung snapped out from his thoughts and widened his eyes.

"oh god, the bread!" he said and hastily moved to turn off the toaster.

"i'm sorry, it completely slipped out of my mind. i'm so dumb—"

"hey."

"i'm just gonna make a new on—"

"taehyung, relax." taehyung looked up and cursed himself that he didn't even notice when his mate was in front of him, holding his face between his warm hands.

"don't fret about it, it's still early in the morning. what are you thinking?" the alpha's eyes were filled with concern and taehyung hated it because he keep doing nothing but to make his mate worry about him.

"i–i'm sorry." taehyung said and looked down only to be embraced by jungkook.

"what are you thinking?" his mate asked him with his gentle voice and with his fingers stroking taehyung's cheeks.