Chapter 9 - The Wizard In Armor

Aye!!

        Wow, I haven't updated in three weeks, I'm so sorry ;n;

        Right now I'm sitting in my bed, on the computer, with my cat, and writing Fairy Tail fan-fiction. Life is good.

        You sat in the Fairy Tail guild, waiting patiently for Erza to come back to Magnolia. The guild was quieter than usual, and you were enjoying the rare occasion. A certain pink-haired pyro was sitting to the left of you, his head resting on the table, and Lucy was holding her head in her hands across from you.

        "I guess we should probably find another job." Natsu said, his voice flat.

        Happy was sitting on the table snacking on a fish. "Aye! We're running out of food money."

        "If we had taken that two-million Jewel we'd be sitting pretty." Lucy huffed.

        "Now Lucy," You looked over at the blonde. "You know we didn't finish the job so we couldn't take the money."

        The celestial mage sighed, getting up out of her seat. "Yea, but my rent's going to be due next week. I guess I'll have to find a job too." Lucy nonchalantly walked over to the Request Board, which was filled with plenty of jobs.

        "Yo, (y/n)?" The fire mage sitting next to you started, not lifting his head from the table.

        "Mhm?" You looked over at him. "What is it?"

        "Want to go on a job with me?" He replied, his voice monotone.

        "Eh?" You were taken aback. "W-What about Lucy? We're a team right?"

        "Yea, but..." Natsu sat up, smiling at you. "You're more fun to be around."

        You could feel the heat rising to your cheeks. Standing up, you stuttered. "Um-uh, thanks.You're fun to be around too" It took you a moment to compose yourself, but eventually said, "It just wouldn't feel right leaving Lucy behind, since we're a team, but if she's okay with it I'd love to go on a job with you." You grinned.

        The dragon slayer stood up. "Alright." He exclaimed, seeming much happier. "I guess Lucy's pretty nice too."

        You chuckled. "Let's go see what Lucy's doing, I'm sure she's looking for a good job for us to go on."

        You started walking over to where you saw the celestial mage and Mirajane, hoping that Natsu was following you. The bar tender seemed to have just finished drawing a chart of the magical guilds with a light-pen. You overheard some of what Mira was saying. "... the guilds need to cooperate with each other. Otherwise, our system would fall apart."

        You noticed the pink-haired pyro had someone gotten in front of you and was sneaking up on the oblivious blonde. "And then the guys in black would show up!" He added to the take-over mage's statement.

        Lucy shrieked, but then calmed down after realizing it was just Natsu. The fire mage laughed out loud. "That was almost too easy!"

        "You tryin' to scare me to death?" The celestial mage hissed.

        "But seriously, the guys Natsu's talking about exist." Mirajane drew another circle on her chart labelled 'Dark Guild'. "The dark guilds, and they've decided not to join any of the leagues. They're the bad apples, and most of them are involved in magical crime."